Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Strut Bars
does any one have pics of a rear strut bar on a four door foci??(sedan) you should post them so I can see!! Also, how easy are they to install?
i don't have any pics...

but i have the one that mount directly on the top of rear struts...

Very esy to install... unbolt, place it et bolt the only nut there...

I remove all the carpet in the trunk for the moment...but i did the hole to install the bar with it.

When the carpet side is install you only see the round bar not the bolting area...

hope this helps...
This must cut into your trunk space quite a bit no?
It's funny, SL8RZZX3 and I had this exact discussion last Friday when I picked up the new corners. He figures it's a serious bitch cause of the cutting involved and work to get to the bolts... I'm inclined to believe him.

The front bar is cake, but why not just upgrade the anti-roll bars front and back for more effect and usefulness?

That's the way I am leaning this summer... or rather hopefully I WON'T be leaning as much :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 15 2005, 11:23 AM Wrote:It's funny, SL8RZZX3 and I had this exact discussion last Friday when I picked up the new corners. He figures it's a serious bitch cause of the cutting involved and work to get to the bolts... I'm inclined to believe him.

The front bar is cake, but why not just upgrade the anti-roll bars front and back for more effect and usefulness?

That's the way I am leaning this summer... or rather hopefully I WON'T be leaning as much :)
[right][snapback]86228[/snapback][/right]

Guys did tests on the whole "strutbar" mod.

They are deemed as being a complete waste of time.

It does nothing but add a bit of "bling"

Put your money into something that will inhance your performance.
i cannot tell you that's a waste of time or a waste of cash...it's feeling nice with it just like the front bar...

I think the install take me 15 minutes ... it's pretty easy...

I have to admit it will reduce the trunk space because you have the bar approx at the middle height of the trunk and apporx 6 inches from the back seat...

But my model is held by 4 nuts...2 on the struts and 2 that hold the struts bracket and the bar....so removing just the bar is pretty simple...

I will have to take some pics :D

RickSE2001,Feb 15 2005, 12:23 PM Wrote:i cannot tell you that's a waste of time or a waste of cash...it's feeling nice with it just like the front bar...

I think the install take me 15 minutes ... it's pretty easy...

I have to admit it will reduce the trunk space because you have the bar approx at the middle height of the trunk and apporx 6 inches from the back seat...

But my model is held by 4 nuts...2 on the struts and 2 that hold the struts bracket and the bar....so removing just the bar is pretty simple...

I will have to take some pics :D
[right][snapback]86325[/snapback][/right]

please do!
Yeah i'd like to see pics too!

i've never seen a rear bar for the sedan, didn't know anyone made one.......

the FS on my zx3 was a bit of a pain to install, but there is a noticable difference unlike the front strut bar.
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
pretty long time after you asked for...but now i got my own little cam...so i took those pics for you this morning...

sorry...;)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid1...35/f46c76aa.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid1...1d/f46c76b6.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid1...98/f46c76ae.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid1...4b/f46c76b1.jpg

copy/paste to view them... and it's imagestation so need an acount...

And hope it will help you!
The front strut bar doesnt really make a difference since the struts are mounted against the firewall, basically the whole firewall acts as a strut brace then.. bolting a little metal bar across it isnt going to make a big difference.

The rear might make a bit of a difference, but again it looks like the strut mounts are right up against the trunk frame, so I think the strength of the body is going to out-weigh what a metal bar is going to do.
guilty,Apr 18 2005, 02:32 PM Wrote:The front strut bar doesnt really make a difference since the struts are mounted against the firewall, basically the whole firewall acts as a strut brace then.. bolting a little metal bar across it isnt going to make a big difference.

The rear might make a bit of a difference, but again it looks like the strut mounts are right up against the trunk frame, so I think the strength of the body is going to out-weigh what a metal bar is going to do.
[right][snapback]102387[/snapback][/right]
it will have a bigger effect on a hatch then on a sedan, how much i dont know, but it will do something.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
the body might do a big part in holding it togetehr.. but adding something else on top of it might not be a bad thing..

not saying itll be a major difference.. but it should still do something
ZX3T gone..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front Strut Bars Turbo_zts 10 4,268 02-16-2005, 04:26 PM
Last Post: ZX5focused