Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem With My Front Speakers!
I got a pair of Phoenix Gold Componante Speakers in the front and with the bass in my car, the wires that connect the speakers together falls! And everytime I need to get the door panel off and replug then! Does somebody know I to fix that stupid problem!! My next step is to weld the terminal to the speaker!

Thx,

Ric
Turbo arrived!
focusonthis_88,Apr 11 2005, 04:40 PM Wrote:I got a pair of Phoenix Gold Componante Speakers in the front and with the bass in my car, the wires that connect the speakers together falls!  And everytime I need to get the door panel off and replug then!  Does somebody know I to fix that stupid problem!!  My next step is to weld the terminal to the speaker!

Thx,

Ric
[right][snapback]100522[/snapback][/right]

Try shrink tube around the wires and connectors.

Also get out your solder iron and solder them in place. Then apply the shrink tube.
I'll try that... I didn't think that...

thax man,
Turbo arrived!
If Im reading this right sounds like the spade connecter female side keeps falling off the male end attached to the speaker, you have 2 options if this is the case.

1> as you said soider it on. best will not fall off
2. is to take needle nose pliers and squeeze the feamle plug to make it tighter so it will not slip off.

As well is the door panel try to pull-tie the wire to something and stop it from dangling around.

Hope that helps

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
NoiSeeVT,Apr 11 2005, 04:46 PM Wrote:If Im reading this right sounds like the spade connecter female side keeps falling off the male end attached to the speaker, you have 2 options if this is the case. 

1>  as you said soider it on.  best will not fall off
2.  is to take needle nose pliers and squeeze the feamle plug to make it tighter so it will not slip off.

As well is the door panel try to pull-tie the wire to something and stop it from dangling around.

Hope that helps

David
[right][snapback]100527[/snapback][/right]

I was gonna say the same thing!
NoiSeeVT,Apr 11 2005, 03:46 PM Wrote:If Im reading this right sounds like the spade connecter female side keeps falling off the male end attached to the speaker, you have 2 options if this is the case. 

1>  as you said soider it on.  best will not fall off
2.  is to take needle nose pliers and squeeze the feamle plug to make it tighter so it will not slip off.

Hope that helps

David
[right][snapback]100527[/snapback][/right]

yea, this would be your best bet for this.
Thx Guys for your help...I fixed them and im sure they won't disconnect again..

Turbo arrived!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amping My Front Speakers smith21 6 2,299 11-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Last Post: focusracer
  What Front Speakers Do I Get. MAlby7 8 3,017 05-17-2004, 01:43 PM
Last Post: GlennH