Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V6 Swap
This thread is for thsoe people who have done this swap, or the ones who know about it.

What exactly do you need? I allready got a V6+Tranny laying around from my Contour since its been swapped with a 3L Escape motor.

Or should I just turbo the Zetec, my zx3 has about 70K on the clock right now. I would rebuild my V6 if I was to put it in, the engine has about 140K km's and was in perfectly working condition when it was puleld out.
FocalSpeed,Apr 1 2005, 12:44 PM Wrote:This thread is for thsoe people who have done this swap, or the ones who know about it.

What exactly do you need?  I allready got a V6+Tranny laying around from my Contour since its been swapped with a 3L Escape motor.

Or should I just turbo the Zetec, my zx3 has about 70K on the clock right now.  I would rebuild my V6 if I was to put it in, the engine has about 140K km's and was in perfectly working condition when it was puleld out.
[right][snapback]98283[/snapback][/right]

http://www.focussalvage.com JEREMY on there has a V6 swap he did. He's also on FF with the username v6focus
To be honest. I would do a 2.3L swap any day before a V6 swap.
Mitch (ZX3TUNING) has some experience working with the previous owners of ZX3tuning.com building their yellow V6 "beast" Focus.

From the sounds of it, it's not really worth the cost/work for the power that you get from it, but since you've already got the motor and tranny it might not be that bad for you. Depends on how much of the work you can do yourself..

Shanes brother bron from innovation audio here in regina did quite a bit of work on the zx3tuning v6 focus. Even shane said the swap didnt amaze him much.
guilty,Apr 1 2005, 07:54 PM Wrote:Mitch (ZX3TUNING) has some experience working with the previous owners of ZX3tuning.com building their yellow V6 "beast" Focus.

From the sounds of it, it's not really worth the cost/work for the power that you get from it, but since you've already got the motor and tranny it might not be that bad for you.  Depends on how much of the work you can do yourself..
[right][snapback]98298[/snapback][/right]

Depends what it requires... I'm sure I can do %90 of the stuff myself.
sell motor buy turbo, you can get way more hp out of a turbo and the engine weight is much less.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
it's a cool swap and all but there is a lot of fabrication, custom work and you almost need to rewire the entire car to make it work.
you would need everything from the engine and tranny to the wire harness, ECU, motor mounts a cluster from a 2001+ V6 cougar. you will need to modify and fabricate the motor mounts. you will need to modify the PS and AC lines. you will need to fabricate the exhaust from the flex to the headers.
if you were starting from scratch and got it all done for $10,000cnd i'd be very impressed.

for the money you could add boost to your zetec and get a lot more power or run basic bolt-ons and a head package and still be faster than even a SVT Contour V6 swap.