Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neons In Vents
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anybody had done this to there cars, put neons in the vent. If yes, what kind of lights did you put in them and how does it look.

Alright,

Eric
Turbo arrived!
Its probably in here:

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...topic=9017
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Your best bet is to use super bright led's. I've got them in all my vents. They're alot smaller than a neon tube and cheaper. The super brights cost me about 2 each. I've got one in each vent. If you need help figuring out how to wire them give me a shout i'll be able to help you out.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

can you help me out hab?
How much electrical knowledge do you have for a start, then i can get ya going. Its not complicated as long as you've got a basic idea of how to wire leds and such.

This is a pretty good how to, if you've got any questions give me a shout.

http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modid=34
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

see, i've been there and read it over about 1000 times :P , he still doesn't tell you which fuse to use and such things as that. Putting them in the vents and running them either parallel or in series, i have no problem with, it's just getting power to them, and not frying anything
Personally I just tapped onto the back off the cigarette lighter for power. Works well for me, I just wired a switch after that, and then wired the LED's and neon after the switch.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go

wouldn't having that on with the cigaret thing kill the fuse when you go to use the cigarette lighter tho?
Never had a prob with it, but like i said i don't use the lighter so its really not an issue for me. Not to mention that LED's draw very little current, something like 0.02 amps or so.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go

that's true..i was thinking of just picking up one of those add a circuits from canadian tire or wal mart, but i wouldn't know which fuse to use, seeing as it says you can only use a fuse as big as 10 amps
Ya i've never used one of those add a circuits before, I'm sure someone on here has used one before they're pretty popular. How many LED's were you thinking of wiring up?
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go

just a single led in each vent, so 4 in total
Ya i'm pretty with only 4 LED's you could get away with wiring it to the cigarette lighter. Right now i'm running, 4 Neon tubes and 6 LED's off the cigarette lighter.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go

yea, i guess only 4 led's wouldn't do much, i think this might just get done the same time i do my speakers :), which will hopefully be tomorro
6 led's, where do you have them all?
1 in each vent, and 1 in each cupholder. I also wired 2 LED's into the map light but thats on a diff circuit. I'll try and get some pics this weekend if the weather is nice.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go

yea, that would be awsome!
Ya i'm thinkin of putting LED's in the side pockets in the back seat of the hatch back and then i've gotta come up with somethin for the trunk. Still tryin to figure that one out.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go

The add-a-circuit is dead simple. Your biggest concern is the lack of grounding... hence why habmann went with tapping into the cigarette lighter feeds for positive/negative connections.

The set can be hooked up in series without much concern, because so long as you don't overvolt the LEDs, you're laughing.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.