Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock 6-cd Changer
What would i be able to get for the stocking in dash 6 cd changer if i tried to sell it?
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
Dunno, is it an entire headunit? I may be interested if it has better features and output than the single CD unit. PM me :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 7 2005, 06:02 PM Wrote:Dunno, is it an entire headunit? I may be interested if it has better features and output than the single CD unit. PM me :)
[right][snapback]84154[/snapback][/right]

Dunno bout the output or features as i have not seen a single cd headunit. It is the full thing i believe the single cd player is model 6000 and my changer is model 6006. not sure though

im not looking to get rid of it right now, jsut wondering how much i can get for it, when i do.

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Ahh sounds good man :)

Wish I had numbers to throw at you, no idea. Maybe when sheridanford05 gets here he can help you out.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
i jsut checked ebay and they are selling the '05 6 cd changer for almost $300 CAD. Im sure there were some guys on this site that had this radio and sold it???

one thing to think about when you price that stock cd changer is that you can get a new headunit with MP3 playback ability for about 150usd.. factor in the surround, antenna adapter and wiring harness and that is bringing the total to maybe 180usd

i think a headunit with MP3 playback is a pretty fair substitute for a 6 CD changer.. i think most people would go for the mp3 unit but that's just my opinion really.. so i think 180usd is the max any sane person would pay for a factory 6cd changer.. also keep in mind you are selling a used product and that the aftermarket unit will have MaDD TiTe graphics and maybe stuff like a remote so you'll definitely have to discount to account for that...

so bottom line i'm thinking 100usd is about max you can get if you are really lucky
i sold mine for $50
ya i was figuring probly around $100

I would consider a stock 6 cd changer myself....let me know how much I would be looking at when you finally decide ok?. :)

Do any of you know if the single cd player is interchangable with the 6 cd changer? :huh:
Cruz'n the West Coast
bcfocus,Feb 8 2005, 02:59 AM Wrote:I would consider a stock 6 cd changer myself....let me know how much I would be looking at when you finally decide ok?.  :)

Do any of you know if the single cd player is interchangable with the 6 cd changer?  :huh:
[right][snapback]84232[/snapback][/right]

Yes it is - I've done it - plug and play.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,Feb 8 2005, 02:39 PM Wrote:
bcfocus,Feb 8 2005, 02:59 AM Wrote:I would consider a stock 6 cd changer myself....let me know how much I would be looking at when you finally decide ok?.  :)

Do any of you know if the single cd player is interchangable with the 6 cd changer?  :huh:
[right][snapback]84232[/snapback][/right]

Yes it is - I've done it - plug and play.
[right][snapback]84490[/snapback][/right]

Excellent :D
Cruz'n the West Coast