Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dealer Tells Me I Need A New Throttle Body
i brought my car in to the dealer today to get a little thing fixed under warranty. My throttle cable had popped out of the plate that holds it in place in front of the TB. This was the cause of my revs periodically "sticking" at certain rpms while off the gas and on the clutch. Also i assumed this was the cause of my idle being slightly below the third tick on the tack which soemtimes cause my engine to slightly studder. anyways i dropped the car off this morning before i went to work and explained the problem. they called later in the afternoon and left a message sayign that my car was done and that they ordered the parts and would need the car back on monday. i called back and they said that i needed a new throttle body and gasket (obvs). but the secretary couldnt tell me why and i didnt make it back before they closed so i dont know why. ill find out exactly on monday i guess.

this was my first time dealing with the service department at the dealer and i was happy with the service i recieved. when i picked the car up it had been washed which i found out is complimentary service after any work is performed in the shop. so far so good wiht the dealer.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
If this wasn't under warranty, I have to ask why you didn't go for the FC 65mm T/B... if it was then nevermind..
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,Feb 5 2005, 01:33 AM Wrote:If this wasn't under warranty, I have to ask why you didn't go for the FC 65mm T/B... if it was then nevermind..
[right][snapback]83530[/snapback][/right]

warranty
i would have gone bigger
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
Quote:i would have gone bigger

Hahah!
:yikes:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Duratec "thunder" throttle body mod? castone 5 3,938 09-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Last Post: castone
  c-f-m throttle body 07focus_st 4 2,687 03-07-2012, 06:08 AM
Last Post: Oscar The Grouch
  Throttle Body Question oldeguy 1 1,463 01-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Last Post: konafocuswrc