Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Cams Pass Emission?
hey guys n girls, do you guys know that.. if the crower stage IIs (older version) will pass emission reading.... after tuned them?

thanks
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
i passed BC's "AirCare" emmissions test with a headpackage, those cams and a high flow cat.
i dunno about the testing around you but it's possible.
i should also point out that i passed "AirCare" without a cat on a stock head package and all the bolt-ons...
the head package readings were slightly lower, i would imagine without the cat it would have failed here.

i forget who bought the red Focustuning car, but i remember him saying it didn't pass emmissions testing where he was and it was passing out here....?
what the cause of that is i do not know... faulty parts, tougher testing, how the car was tested, where it failed... it could be so many things.

swapping cams is not hard to do.
shouldn't take YOU more than 2-4hours to do it yourself. if you are really worried about it, go back to stock cams for the test and then back the crowers after the test.
assuming your car is up to par on everything else, i don't see why it would fail in the first place.
ZX3TUNING,Dec 3 2004, 06:37 PM Wrote:i passed BC's "AirCare" emmissions test with a headpackage, those cams and a high flow cat.
i dunno about the testing around you but it's possible.
i should also point out that i passed "AirCare" without a cat on a stock head package and all the bolt-ons...
the head package readings were slightly lower, i would imagine without the cat it would have failed here.

i forget who bought the red Focustuning car, but i remember him saying it didn't pass emmissions testing where he was and it was passing out here....?
what the cause of that is i do not know... faulty parts, tougher testing, how the car was tested, where it failed... it could be so many things.

swapping cams is not hard to do.
shouldn't take YOU more than 2-4hours to do it yourself. if you are really worried about it, go back to stock cams for the test and then back the crowers after the test.
assuming your car is up to par on everything else, i don't see why it would fail in the first place.
[right][snapback]72733[/snapback][/right]

I mean, if I should set the cams back to 0, 0 before i do the emission, or i should be fine?
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
there are so many varriables in emmissions testing it's a crapshoot.
i'd take it through the test and see if it passes. if it doesn't atleast you will have the results and know where to start.
The focustuning car didn't pass because of the cams. If you are looking at taking the head off, putting the old cams back, etc.etc., the one thing you overlooked is that you need to cheange the head bolts every time you pull off the head.
Why? Because of the stress when torquing down the bolt, it actually stretches the head bolt, especially with the heat of the engine.
If you don't mind spending a few bucks, there is a product that crappy tire sells called guaranttedd to pass, or something like that??? Try that out. If you fail the test with this stuff in your tank, then they pay for the test.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
you dont needto take the head off to change the cams only the top cover then prolly 20 or so bolts fairly easy
rubberman,Dec 6 2004, 01:03 PM Wrote:you dont needto take the head off to change the cams only the top cover then prolly 20 or so bolts  fairly easy
[right][snapback]73022[/snapback][/right]

Dope...........Yep.......He's right!!!
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Dec 5 2004, 10:15 AM Wrote:If you don't mind spending a few bucks, there is a product that crappy tire sells called guaranttedd to pass, or something like that???  Try that out.  If you fail the test with this stuff in your tank, then they pay for the test.
[right][snapback]72916[/snapback][/right]

that stuff ONLY works for people who are JUST not passing.
if you fail the test and fail by more than 15-25% over maximum, you are just wasting your time with that stuff!
i do a lot of aircare work out here and there are soooooooooo many varriables in what it takes to make a car pass or fail. if i would see the emmissions sheets i could probably give you an idea of where to start assuming you do fail.

just take the car through with the cams and see. you never know untill you know, ya know?! ;)
Who cares about emissions, just have some shop give you the drive clean certificate for like 100$

so many places will do it