Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got My Track Times Finally
Jarrod was hitting higer 16s and SVT was running low 17's. At one point he almost hit 18 lol
tdot-zx3,Sep 27 2004, 07:41 AM Wrote:Focusguy....

You gotta hold the brake down HARD .. and rev the car to like 3000.... Let go of the gas, then let go of the brake, and slam on the gas again really fast.

I could spin off the line if I wanted to... But after fooling around I used to be able to get it to chirp.

Hope that helps. Cheers.
thanks for that tip dan, ill make sure to do that next when i go.
'03 Focus SVT
i got some video of your runs...and some other runs...but i have no clue how to upload them onto the net...

Jay didnt you also have someone in your car for your runs?? everythime you drove back i thought i saw a guy in the passanger seat...or maybe its the Saskatchewan wheat and freash air fuking with me...

i think i am the only one on the board now to me the majority of memebers in TO and now the majority in Sask... i am "focus canada"! B)
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
was nice meettng you phil. to bad the focus was in toronto. yes I had a passenger riding with me..
yeah same here, these focus prairie people are good guys...

should have ran it with no one in the car...could have shaved off some time i bet...
hopefully next spring, ill be out and in fulle ffect with my focus..
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
thabrat,Sep 27 2004, 04:23 PM Wrote:Jarrod was hitting higer 16s and SVT was running low 17's. At one point he almost hit 18 lol
an svt running 17's!!!!

yikes....obviously he was doing something wrong, or the car had some problems.
SVT Motor Swap into 2000 zx3 with 5spd.
14.9 @ 93MPH
"I am going to run 5's .... I am planning on installing a rocket engine!"
it had to be the guy driving... the guy ran a red and had about a good second head start jarrod still caught up and beat him
LOL! This is funny.

Are you guys out west at a higher elevation? That could make a difference.

My new car will run along the same lines as your ZX3 Jay..SWEET!

The other guys..those times are horrible.

Other thing, if it's Test and Tune...the reaction time doesn't matter. The clock starts when you cross the line anyways.

Unless it's different over there, here at Test and Tune or the Sport compact nights type things, it doesn't affect anything.
Quote:Other thing, if it's Test and Tune...the reaction time doesn't matter. The clock starts when you cross the line anyways.

ya your right. some one clarafied that for me. my buddy we went with out there was talking about altitude to. he said we are running pretty good goor for sask.
How high are you above sea level?
Not sure...Ahh I wish I was paying more attention when we were talking about it lol i dont think its much different thow then toronto...or is it?
yes Saskatoon is higher altitute then out east...
Hey FociPhil, nice to meet ya, didn't have a chance to say 'see ya again' before I left. Also so you guys know, the elevation of Saskatoon is 481.5 metres above sea level. On comparison, Toronto's elevation is around 110 metres above sea level.
Aren't we pretty much really close to see level here? The map I found was ~100-0 meters above sea level.

And yeah, that makes a HUGE difference.

Saskatchewan: http://atlas.gc.ca/site/english/maps/refer...emap_image_view

Ontario: http://atlas.gc.ca/site/english/maps/refer...emap_image_view

BHP Loss = Elevation in Feet / 1000 x 0.03 x BHP at Sea Level
= 1500ft/1000 x 0.03 x 130hp
=5.85hp

Just with this calculation at 450meters above sea level you lose almost 6hp compared to same car at sea level. :s

Trying to find a formula as to how it affects drag racing.
For the Toronto guys you are usually at Cayuga near Lake Erie. Lake Erie is 173m above sea level. The speedway is a few metres higher probably like 180m or about 600'.

2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Thats really intersteing how that works. Untill Sunday I had no clue about this. So say for example I got my turbo and I got it all tuned in Onatrio or where ever. Once I bring it back to Sask will it be all out of whack?
It shouldn't be too out of wack from what I know but it won't be as 'perfectly' tuned as it is in Ontario compared to here. There will be slight differences. It's basically standard that ALL cars, modded or not, all react to geographical differences (elevation being the biggest one).