Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leather Seats
Which models came with leather seats and will the seats from these models work in a ZX3? Since I can't find SVT seats anywhere, I am looking for possibly some ZX5 seats or ZTS seats, but I'm not sure if they recline forward like the ZX3 seats do!
I know that 03's came with leather in the zx5's and they should fit no prob in your car and fold down the same way.

Are you buying brand new?
why not go katskins and get them custom?
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
my 2002 zx5 came with leather seats and side airbags...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

It was an option on ZTS's since the start. It was an extra $700 when I ordered my 2001 in 2000.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I'm just trying to find my options here. I have a hole starting in my driver's seat.
I guess the question is do the seats from a 4-door recline forward like the hatchback seats do.. otherwise you wont be getting in your back seats anymore.

Although you might be better off trying to find some decent racing seats instead, depending on the price you'd have to pay for stock leather seats in good condition.
guilty,Aug 31 2004, 08:02 PM Wrote:I guess the question is do the seats from a 4-door recline forward like the hatchback seats do.. otherwise you wont be getting in your back seats anymore.
Mine (4 door) definately do not fold forward.

An option to consider is to get your existing seats recovered in leather?

Remeber though that leather is slippy and not the prefered covering for "sports cars". What they are good for and main reason I got it is that it wears better and is easy to clean, important when you have a kid.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I just checked the leather seats on my 2002 ZTW. I don't think they recline forward enough for a two-door vehicle. Your rear passengers would have difficulty getting in and out.
MAlby7,Aug 31 2004, 03:47 PM Wrote:I'm just trying to find my options here. I have a hole starting in my driver's seat.
Go with Katskins Malby....you wont find a better deal than that.

try and keep an eye on Focaljet....they ususally have a GB on those every year or so....
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Sorry I don't want to hijack, but does anyone know where I can get katskins besides an FJ group buy?. Oh and does the hole happen to be in the side of the seat cushion :rolleyes: . That's where mine is...
vealzx3,Aug 31 2004, 10:23 PM Wrote:Sorry I don't want to hijack, but does anyone know where I can get katskins besides an FJ group buy?. Oh and does the hole happen to be in the side of the seat cushion :rolleyes: . That's where mine is...
Ya it's on the driver's seat part where you sit on right near the selt belt thingy.
I've got a hole forming there too.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
I think S2_Steeda is getting his seat fixed under warranty because of that spring or whatever bracket that comes up through and makes a hole in the seat.

As for the katzkins (or however it's spelled), I think you can buy directly from their website.. but if you're having a problem with a hole forming in your seat, watch out when putting a leather seat cover over the same problem area. Wouldnt want to cut through the leather too.
vealzx3,Aug 31 2004, 10:23 PM Wrote:Sorry I don't want to hijack, but does anyone know where I can get katskins besides an FJ group buy?. Oh and does the hole happen to be in the side of the seat cushion :rolleyes: . That's where mine is...
http://www.autoleathers.com/HTML2/AL.MAIN.FS.html
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Yeah, I don't think that hole will be getting any worse. It was a faulty weld that broke so I just broke off the whole frame piece to prevent it from protruding through the seat.