Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellow Zx3
Well last night I was racing my buddy in his Neon SX 2.0 (dont worry I won lol) on the QEW at around 1:00am and I blew by a yellow ZX3. Now from what I could tell it had a rear skirt with an exhaust. Besides that its hard to tell what kind of car I blew by at 175km/h (damn govenors suck ass!!!). Does anybody on this web page own that car, or see a dark grey ZX5 chasing a dark grey Neon last night?. lol. I was between Applby and Guelph line when i saw the focus.
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
It wasn't me.

Way to go. You have proven a few things. For one the cheapest/slowest car that Ford makes can sometimes go faster than the cheapest/slowest car Chrysler makes. Mad skilz for sure

I had a guy blow past me on the QEW in the middle of the night at the same speed around Appleby just this past February. I called him a asshole too. Doesn't matter I guess, he died 15 minutes further down the road at the York Street off ramp from the 403.

There is a time and place and the QEW at any hour is neither.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Aug 12 2004, 01:30 PM Wrote:There is a time and place and the QEW at any hour is neither.
You got it, Andrew. It's people that are proud of doing things like this (going 175 km/h on a public street, or 75 km/h over the posted speed limit) that make people who take a genuine pride in modifying their cars but still drive responsibly get a bad rep. Cops slam people in modded cars who never drive more than 10 - 15 km/h over the limit because of morons that are inconsiderate enough to other cars on the road to go at a speed where - in the event of any kind of collision - death is immanent.

If racing is what you like to do. Keep it on the track. Don't complain about the speed govenor when it's put in place to keep people at least somewhat under control on the street when they've lost their minds.

EDIT: If you've noticed, the "street racing" forum has been taken off the board. I think that says something about the way most people who post on here feel about things like that.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,Aug 12 2004, 03:26 PM Wrote:EDIT: If you've noticed, the "street racing" forum has been taken off the board. I think that says something about the way most people who post on here feel about things like that.
Were not focaljet...so lets try not to be them.

Kids will be kids.

You never gone 175/km/hr on public roads? <_<

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Aug 12 2004, 03:00 PM Wrote:
Raine,Aug 12 2004, 03:26 PM Wrote:EDIT: If you've noticed, the "street racing" forum has been taken off the board. I think that says something about the way most people who post on here feel about things like that.
Were not focaljet...so lets try not to be them.

Kids will be kids.

You never gone 175/km/hr on public roads? <_<
Honestly? No. I haven't. I have taken the Focus that fast on a PRIVATE road with restricted access, but never on a major freeway.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
even though i don't race or anything, say if you have 20 bucks in your wallet, your a student, it doesnt leave you much room to pay for track.
`2000 zx3 silver
intense660,Aug 12 2004, 04:56 PM Wrote:even though i don't race or anything, say if you have 20 bucks in your wallet, your a student, it doesnt leave you much room to pay for track.
That justifies street racing? If I couldn't afford to go to paintball, I wouldn't run around shooting people on the side of the road to make up for it. If you can't afford to go to the track, then you have to slow down, right?
2000 Black ZX3
$35 to race on Sunday every month at Bronte Go station............ Get it out of your system and learn to drive right. Not killing yourself on the QEW.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
back to the car... did it have a whale tail spoiler euros, rims body kit? if so i know where it came from!
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
Raine,Aug 12 2004, 07:19 PM Wrote:If I couldn't afford to go to paintball, I wouldn't run around shooting people on the side of the road to make up for it.
No but that would be damn funny to hear or see it on the news. :lol:
2000 ZX3 - H&R Sport Springs, Fast Wheels, Kumho Tires, MOMO Shift Knob and Boot, Shortened Shifter, K&N Cone Filter