Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
European License Plates
Hey guys.. I'm looking into getting an EEC German license plate and frame from somewhere to replace my front plate (since SK is not going to need them starting Aug 1st).

I found a few places online:
www.europeanplates.com
https://www.mattman-enterprises.com/plug/ei...tem&item_id=101
http://www.autoplates.com/ki14000.htm
http://www.customlicenseplates.com/europ...spage.html

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever ordered european license plates online before, and had any advice on companies to buy from or avoid. Or if anyone knows of a Canadian store that makes them.
I know Jarrod (Focis8nt) had one on his car at that last show where Jay (Thabrat) one best domestic, maybe ask him or either of them.....
The one Jarrod has is the one I got from a lady at work. Voytek/Boss can get us the plate holder and custom plates..
i can get you authentic portugal ones if you want....

i have someone going there this friday....let me know if you want any...

I think they are ~$30 CAD
Not to jack this thread, but I have a euro bumper and I don't have anything to install a front plate on the car---Ontario style plate that is. Does anyone know what I can get to move the plate away from the bumper? I don't want the plate against the bumper and scratching it.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Thanks Anthony, but I'm really interested in a customized German plate. I'll talk to Voytek and see what he can get.

meford4u: There's a North American sized license plate holder that's designed molded to the regular bumper, it might fit to the european bumper with a little modification. That's kind of a tough one though.. Maybe modify a european plate holder to hold the taller plate. Since it'll just be hanging over the grill anyway.

Or maybe get one of those plastic frames from walmart (the ones you're supposed to put on top of the plate), but put it behind it instead. It would raise it off the paint at least.
meford4u, I can get u the exact part number of the plate holder you are looking for. and Focused, can you get Italian licence plates? They look neat, They are a bit smaller than the standard euro plate.
My other ride is your Mom
paolo,Jun 15 2004, 06:49 PM Wrote:meford4u, I can get u the exact part number of the plate holder you are looking for. and Focused, can you get Italian licence plates? They look neat, They are a bit smaller than the standard euro plate.
no, i can only get portugal ones....
www.4plates.co.uk
jedipimp,Jul 2 2004, 03:18 PM Wrote:www.4plates.co.uk
That site is in the UK though, so shipping would be terrible.. It's kind of cool how they can put anything you want on the left side of the plate though.

Quote:That site is in the UK though, so shipping would be terrible.. It's kind of cool how they can put anything you want on the left side of the plate though.

There is zero shipping charges for the plate. I have gotten a quote, 22.95 pounds, shipping included. that is for one plate, with my custom graphics on the left with any 7 digits i choose.
jedipimp,Jul 4 2004, 07:12 PM Wrote:There is zero shipping charges for the plate. I have gotten a quote, 22.95 pounds, shipping included. that is for one plate, with my custom graphics on the left with any 7 digits i choose.
23GBP is around $55CAD, so that's alright. I'd just be concerned with customs fees when it gets over the border.. you can expect to have to pay both taxes and a handling fee, depending on how they send it.

europeanplates.com are all $19.95USD = $26CAD plus shipping from Seattle (via USPS, so the most you'd have to pay is $5 handling and taxes on item value). But they dont have the custom left side option..
You'll also pay about $40 for a brokerage fee from FedEx if you ship across the border, something to keep in mind....
S2 Steeda,Jul 4 2004, 08:39 PM Wrote:You'll also pay about $40 for a brokerage fee from FedEx if you ship across the border, something to keep in mind....
Didnt we cover this in another thread? :P

Yeah FedEx and UPS and courier companies like that will charge their own brokerage fees based on whatever charges they have for duty at the border.

If you get something sent USPS (United States Postal Service), the most you usually get charged is taxes on the declared value of the item, and a $5 handling fee from Customs Canada.. if the item is imported then you also have to pay something like an 18% duty fee.
Ok, got the plate in, and this is thew 3rd item i have orderd from the UK and the 3rd item i did NOT pay customs on. I dont know you if you order from there or what? but your wrong. I paid the 22 pounds, and thats it, no shipping, no customs, nada. It arrived to my door. After 9 days.
Anyways, the plates are sweet. They are a full accrylic like the offcial plates used in the UK. OH, and the guy sent me 2!! 2 of the same plates, i was only supossed to get 1 :D and it looks identical to this, except the digits are diff.

<a href='http://jedipimp.ath.cx/ua.jpg'>[Image: ua.jpg]</a> go Ukraine! :)
Sadly i forgot about a fuggin plate holder !!! &lt;_&lt; imma get me one of those now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  European Plates guilty 4 1,559 09-14-2004, 11:30 AM
Last Post: hemi