Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help With Removing Tint
I need some advice on how to start removing the tint on my front windows. I reveiced a ticket on the weekend for my tint being too dark, and the officer being decent offered that if I fix the tint by the court date and show him on the day of court that he will drop the ticket. In his words he said make sure that the windows are "CLEAR" , I asked about light tint and he said if he can't see in then it will be worth a ticket. This just proves the whole B.S. going on that it is up too their own judgement. I'm not sour about this since the tint is 15% on the front :lol: just don't want to have the pay the fine.

I checked a few websites on this and have received differing advice some say just use a scrapper , others say 50/50 solution of ammonia and water, and finally 100% ammonia. If anyone has experience with this and was successful I would appreciate the sharing of knowledge :D . The tint has been on the car for two years if that helps.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
its just like a sticker....pick at it for a bit and it should start to peel back....its really east...or you can use a razer knife to start it and then you just pull
good luck

tyler
This car is insured by the maffia you hit me they hit you.
I used to work at a tint shop. I used a combo of rubbing alcohol/water 40/60 and a few drops of baby oil ;) In a spray bottle!! (you may want more or less alcohol...)

Use a razor-blade or pointy scraper..start at one corner (I liked the top first-pull it down)

trust me she'll come right off! The oil will keep the blade from making scrapes on your glass...and the alcohol will dissolve the backing on the tint!!

I will say, there was 3-4 times when this method did not work and we needed to do most of it by hand...one chunk at a time!!

I found colored tint (red, yellow, gold, blue...etc) and mirrored tint were actually easiest to remove..

anyhow....Good luck man!
Thanks for the assisstance man, I appreciate it will attack it today or tomorrow and let you know my success :)
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)