Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eibach Spring Install Question
Hi All,
I just installed FloFocus' Eibach's that he had for sale and I have one question....when I was doing the passenger side rear spring, I stupidly pulled it out before checking the position of the bottom spring tail....however, I did note the drain hole and did not cover it up.
Currently the passenger side bottom tail is pointing almost directly to the rear of the car, stopping just before the drain hole (the drain hole on the passenger side is towards the rear of the car).
The drivers side drain hole however is towards the front of the car....I put the drivers side on exactly as the old one, which is the tail stopping just before the drain hole and pointing towards the front of the car.
The reason I ask all this is the passenger side rear is a wee bit higher than the drivers side, about a quarter to half inch higher...noticeable enough to see by eye...
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just thought to mention, the fronts are dead on even...
Procharger: Removed, and waiting for new host.
Future: Genesis Coupe 2.0t.
Your talking about the very end of the spring correct? There is a little groove inside of the ummm lets call it housing. You turn the spring until the tail/end of the spring stops becuase it will go ito the groove and ya it wont turn anymore unless you turn it the other way. The only reason I can think of why its sitting high is becuase you dont have the tail/end sitting in the groove there fore the spring is not 100% secure.

If that makes sense. If I get a chance to lower a Focus anytime soon I will make a how to.
Ok, on the bottom side of the spring that 'stopper; part of the 'housing' is just past the drain hole on both driver and passenger side.....but the drivers side is towards the front of the car, and passenger side towards the rear of the car...so when I did the drivers side, I saw for sure that the tail of the spring stopped just before the drain hole, so thats where I put the drivers side....for the passenger side, since I foolishly pulled it out before looking closely, I deduced (I will not say assumed!) that the tail should also stop just before the drain hole...however this leaves the tail of the drivers side pointing to the front, and the passenger side facing towards the rear.
The part that confuses me is when I did eibachs on my 5.0 (I'm not comparing the two cars...) that they specifically stated that both spring tails for the rear should be pointing to the rear (my though is that they should point in the same direction).
However noting the position of the drain holes...well that just throws me off....
If someone could take a peek at the passerger side, and note where the upper (the upper is quite visible) tail end is pointing that could help me compare it to where my upper is pointing. Just a thought....
If i had the digital cam I would try and take some picstures of mine. Maybe later tonight or tommorow.. Hopefully some one else can help..
Ok cool thanks for your help...I'm going to step into my garage right now and see if the top tail is visible by just looking at it....brb
Damn its not really that visible with the wheel on....I hope that someone is willing to take the time to take their wheel off...I would be VERY greatful.... :rolleyes:
Ok, so i took it apart again, reseated the spring according to thebrats suggestion (get the tail very close to the hole) and everything is cool, even all the way around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upcoming turbo install question(s) MuskokaZX3 6 3,414 03-11-2012, 04:51 AM
Last Post: MuskokaZX3
  Turbo Install Question Ignited83 6 3,158 12-09-2008, 04:00 AM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV
  Mbrp Install Question. SmokeBCBuDZ 5 2,097 02-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Last Post: 02_svt_guy
  Eibach Install And Alignment.... S2 11 3,613 07-30-2004, 05:45 AM
Last Post: bill1459