Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help With My New System
I am in the midst of revising my system and what I intend to have is the following:

DECK: (1 x Pioneer DEH-P7500MP)
DECK PAGE
Door Speakers: (4 x Infinity 6802CF)
SPEAKERS PAGE

Speaker Amp: (1 x JL Audio 300/4)
75 Watts RMS x 4 @ 1.5-4 Ohms

Sub Amp: (1 x JL Audio 500/1)
- 500 Watts RMS

Sub: (1 x JL Audio 10W7)
- 500 Watts RMS

My questions are:

1) Will the system run fine on the stock electrical system of a Ford Focus? If not what options do I have to correct this problem?

2) What type of box should I get to have the best performance out of my sub and save as much trunk space as possible? If I get a sealed box will I have enough bass with the 10W7 and 500/1?

3) If you have any other suggestion about anything having to do with this system please let me know I want to do this the right way!
some people will tell you to upgrade the BIG 3. it inst needed unless you have a high power system. as for cables... i do say use 4ga @ the battery location. as for your amps... you might want a dist. block and switch to 8ga all pending what ga your amps can take.

BIG 3 Topic

as for a sub box, i like sealed boxes. make sure it's built to spec on the 10w7 for best preformance. hope this helps ya a bit.
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
A cap never hurts when you're running that much power.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Personally the number one things your gonna want to change is the gauge of the speaker wire. If you will be running of the stock wire you will not hear all the benefits of the speaker upgrade. Build the system over rated with larger then neccesary wires everywhere, since then you will never have to replace the wire just because you decided to get a bigger amp.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
upgrade your power wire to 4 gauge, and run good speaker. also buy a cap, a 1 fraud should do just fine. the sub box depends on the type of music you want. sealed box will sound good and take up less room that a ported box.
'03 Focus SVT
a cap could be used... it will help out, but if your looking to save some cash you dont need it. i havent upgraded to the BIG 3 Yet. I dont have a cap either... and if you look @ my sig... things are running fine. this new JBL amp doesnt drain much power as my alpine did... now i dont get my interior lights and fog lamps dimming as much either. i was running an alpine mrd-m300 class d amp.
GlennH,May 19 2004, 08:29 PM Wrote:a cap could be used... it will help out, but if your looking to save some cash you dont need it. i havent upgraded to the BIG 3 Yet. I dont have a cap either... and if you look @ my sig... things are running fine. this new JBL amp doesnt drain much power as my alpine did... now i dont get my interior lights and fog lamps dimming as much either. i was running an alpine mrd-m300 class d amp.
what exactly does a distribution block do?
a dist. block is good to have when using multipal amps. it has multipal outlets on it for wiring. inside the block there's a fuse for each outlet. its main purpose is it can help you out on power voltage and prevent you from blowing your amps and fuses. i hope this sounds ok.
if you goto my sig in my photo album i have photo's of my dist. block in there somewhere... hehe
Hey Glenn,

Do you mind explaining what type of wiring you ran starting from the battery, so I could have some idea what I need to do? Please include gauges and anything else about the wiring. Greatly appreciated.

- Mike
i have 4ga from battery with a fuse right beside the battery. its a 40amp fuse. i contiuned with 4ga to under my rear seat where i have my dist. block which i then have 2 cables from the block. both are 8ga and one goes to my component amp and the other goes to my sub amp. my grounds are in the trunk also 8ga wire. my rca's and speaker wire come from my deck down the passengers side. so does the remote wire. for my remote i usedvery small wire which i might be changing soon. i split my remote wire in the trunk and ran it to both amps. my power cable runs down the drivers side. both ground wires are very short, should be less then 2ft always.
Here's Some photo's....
POWER WIRE:

DIST. BLOCK:
<a href='http://img55.photobucket.com/albums/v169/GlennH/Stereo%20Photos/Stereo_19.jpg'>[Image: Stereo_19.jpg]

SPEAKER WIRE / RCA:

COMP. AMP:
<a href='http://img55.photobucket.com/albums/v169/GlennH/Stereo%20Photos/Stereo_21.jpg'>[Image: Stereo_21.jpg]

Sub AMP:

Sorry i dont have photo's of my new jbl amp in yet... but you get the idea.

<a href='http://img55.photobucket.com/albums/v169/GlennH/Stereo%20Photos/Stereo_23.jpg'>[Image: Stereo_23.jpg]
Thanks Glenn, so let me ask you one last question until I have another question to ask you:

You ran the power wires down the driver's side and the RCA cables and remote wire down the passenger side right? If so, do you get any electrical hum from the engine coming out of your speakers?
none at all.