Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Cold Air Intake
.....so i have the CAI off ebay..well with a k&n cone filter at the end instead of the shitty generic one...but yeah there are two brackets on it for those of u who don't know one bracket for the first pipe of the TB and a second bracket that bolts onto the frame for the second pipe all to hold it in place..yeah well..that second bracket broke...so then i got the idea that a short ram seemed to have alot more low end power...maybe because the distance for the air to travel was shorter well it felt like it neways...so i cut bout 5 inches off of the extensionn pipe and i wired it around this other metal thingy hanging underneath my car....now instead of the tip of my filter pointing to the left of the inside of my car it now points straight down....well kind of on an angle but it looks sweet
I will try and post pics later ...nothing special just a new innovative idea brought to u by the makers low finance budget mods
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
If you dont mind me asking, how much did it cost to get the cai off ebay accross the border? Or did you find someone in Canada? Was it the BOMZ one?
Procharger: Removed, and waiting for new host.
Future: Genesis Coupe 2.0t.
I didnt order an intake off ebay.. the prices look cheap, but most of them want $25+ USD for shipping, and then you'll probably have duty/brokerage etc at the border..

There was only one place in Canada on ebay selling intakes for the focus, Cosmo Racing.. price is higher but overall cost should be lower..

I ended up getting a used Ractive short intake from Focus_silver_se off his totalled sedan though.. just hooked it up today and I'm loving it.
LOL trust me. Jarrod got a crazy ass deal for his CAI :lol: . Way cheaper than any one has ever paid on here or FocalJet. :lol:
the only person that could get a deal like I did is probablt jays brother chirs wink* wink* if anyone knows what I mean ....lol
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
Cool, thanks for the info, I'll try and see if I can hunt them down!
BTW, there is supposed to be an exclusive distributor in Canada:

Sportline Racing
8 Laidlaw Boulevard Unit #4
Markham, Ontario L3P 1W6

but I have had no luck contacting them...anyone else heard of these guys maybe??
Procharger: Removed, and waiting for new host.
Future: Genesis Coupe 2.0t.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cold Air Intake Or Short Ram? SmokeBCBuDZ 12 3,570 02-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Last Post: zx5power
  Focus Screamin Demon Coil /cold Air Intake FastandFocusZTS 11 3,973 10-27-2005, 12:14 PM
Last Post: ZX3TUNING
  Installed My Cold Air Intake.. focusonthis88 9 2,538 05-04-2005, 06:53 AM
Last Post: ANTHONYD