Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Is My Car Worth?
Note to self.....

Do not ever ever and I mean ever buy a car from Marc :P
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
thats why I will never ever ever sell a car to a person... they are trade in only... (slapping my hand in a job done manner) ;)
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
Paparoach,May 3 2004, 09:33 PM Wrote:Note to self.....

Do not ever ever and I mean ever buy a car from Marc :P
I sounded like Jericho....can you believe Raw is on...never. :P

lordkingod,May 4 2004, 01:24 AM Wrote:ps. Naz, if you knew what I wanted to buy.... You'd be optimistic for me as well ;) B)

-P@
i'm always optimistic that someone looking to get rid of their car gets a good deal (unless i am the buyer hehehehe)

just keep the car really clean, and price it higher than you think you can get for it. like say you are ok getting rid of it for 11k.. start of pricing at 12500 or something..

naz,May 4 2004, 02:48 AM Wrote:just keep the car really clean, and price it higher than you think you can get for it.  like say you are ok getting rid of it for 11k.. start of pricing at 12500 or something..

I agree with Naz. A buyer will almost certainly try to knock down the asking price. Leave a little room for that to happen.
lordkingod,May 3 2004, 09:21 PM Wrote:While Im at it.... For any of you who have sold a car before... What should I do to make sure the car is in good shape before sale? Its going in for oil and fuel filter tomorrow. Ill be doing spark plugs next week. Painting drums (flat black), changing tranny fluid next weekend... And Ill probably pay to have the cars interior detailed (as I cant make it this weekend) What else would you guys suggest to make the car look and run its best while its up for sale? :huh:

-P@

ps. thanks for the responses, keep em coming
don't bother with all that...no one is going to give a s**t that you *just* changed the oil, tranny fluid, detailed, etc. Unless you're getting this done for free...you're just pissing away money for someone else's benefit. Just give it a good cleaning and fuk it ;)

yeah...and up the price a little bit...because you'll always get bargained down...not so high that people won't bother to call...but "firm" never means firm ;)
Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad
exactly what marction said.
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
Marction is exactly right...even dealers don't car if you just did your brakes have new tires etc etc. Just fit the car that is it. ;)

No no no... You got me wrong. What I meant is what maintenance should I do to ensure the car runs smoothly while its up for sale... so people get a good impression of a solid running car if they test drive it ;) Your right I absolutely want to keep the cost to a minimum since Im ditching the car.... but the oil change and fuel filter were needed anyway.
I Vtec
I guess synthetic then...and take it out for a run right before they arrive so that when they climb in, the car is warm, ready to go...don't you find your car "feels" faster once it's up and running at operating temp? I guess it's not as big a concern as if it was winter...
Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad