Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question Re:svt Gauge Surround
What size are the holes in the svt gauge surround for gauges (there are two holes right?). Just bought some autometer gauges and don't want to mount them on the a pillar. Is it the surround the same size as the stock one in my zx5, and the gauges take the place of the coin tray?

Second question is if it is and has two holes does anyone have the part # for it.
Thanks

If not any ideas how I can mount the gauges in that place
2003 twilight blue zx5 AEM CAI, Ford Racing Wires, FC Wire Cover, Apex 2" sport kit, svt lip, magnaflow cat-back, 2 10" subs and amp, custom painted interior, autometer full a pillar pod with volmeter and air/fuel.
Coming soon: Tint, rims, euro front/rear, st170 lights
I've seen people fit single gauges into the coin tray thing, with smoothing it over and everything.. actually there was some guy selling them on ebay.

I think the SVT secondary gauges are built together and put behind clear plastic. I dont think you could do this with regular aftermarket round gauges.
guilty,Apr 17 2004, 10:58 PM Wrote:I think the SVT secondary gauges are built together and put behind clear plastic.
That's correct. They look just like the speedometer and tach, only smaller. :)
take a look at my Focus in the Members pics at front fo site....you might find the answer to the gauge question there....

these gauges on the svt are run from the ecu I believe, the ones on my Focus are from sensors...probably alot more acruate if that is a concern for you...just have to pop out surround and glass them in...lots of room back there.
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges