Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cross threaded oil pan bolts
i think i cross threaded oil pan bolts, not the drain plug.

has been 2 weeks so far and i am starting to see oil drips under the car.
i traced and it wasnt from the crack i jb welded over.
it was actually coming off from where tiny bolts are.

when removing oil pan before, surface got bents and i just siliconed hell of it.

i might lucky i didnt cross threaded it, it could be just oil pan is not sitting flat.

if i cross threaded, is there any fix i can do?
i gotta order oil pan but not from local dealership.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
I did that on my old car, the bolts easily get cross threaded. Small metal bolts, thin aluminum skirt.

When you get your new pan make sure that the skirt is clean and check out the threads if they are mucked up. If they are you may want to just run a tap through it to clean up the threads and make sure the threads of your bolts are good, if not get new bolts.

make sure there is ZERO oil on the skirt/pan then apply the sealant bead, circle the bolt holes with the sealant. Then bolt up the pan and torque to spec the stripped bolt torque as tight as you think it can hold without stripping it, you can feel it when its starting to let go and stop there..thats if you can't torque it down to the spec.

After that i'd let everything set up overnight before you even run the motor and put oil in the engine. Unsure if I'd go to the point of drilling and taping a larger bolt hole unless it was really being a problem.
how difficult is to replace aluminum skirt?
or is it not worth taking that off or just do oil pan and see if i need to drill and tap larger bolts?
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
I would just do oil pan replacement and get it on what you have. On the next built motor don't cross thread the bolts Smile
i might not cross threaded, it could be i bent lips.
until i get oil pan, i gotta keep watch oil level.