Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suspension hardware
i was removing whole rear suspension setup and most of bolts got snapped..
sprayed hell lot of wd-40 and didn't work.
had to grind off bolts heads and nuts.

buying bolts from ford is insanely expensive, even 8 bolts for valve cover were around $107 plus tax here in canada.

can i grab sae grade 8 or metric 10.9 and matching nuts from local hardware store?
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Facca Fasteners they have everything you could ever imagine they might ship them to you their here in london and st. thomas .... numbers are London: (519) 681-5931, (519) 452-4845, St Thomas: (519) 631-1528 .... That's where i get all my stainless bolts for the car and others. Give them a call it's worth a shot and their very cheap priced
(04-09-2012, 01:36 AM)0XDESVT Wrote: Facca Fasteners they have everything you could ever imagine they might ship them to you their here in london and st. thomas .... numbers are London: (519) 681-5931, (519) 452-4845, St Thomas: (519) 631-1528 .... That's where i get all my stainless bolts for the car and others. Give them a call it's worth a shot and their very cheap priced

Some of the suspension hardware are speciality items - not your regular nuts and bolts. There is also the grade to consider (minimum grade 8 for SAE hardware and 10.9 for metric) and it also matters whether the hardware is coated or not, oil quenched or not - quite a bit to consider when choosing something other than OEM.

One of my projects over the winter was to purchase every single suspension fastener from Ford and do an analysis on if / where they could be purchased cheaper. I have them all but haven't done the analysis yet.

As some of you might know / remember I used to own a company called Genuine Automotive Hardware (GAH) until I sold it to Echlin in 1992 (seems like just yesterday LOL) and I still have connections in the industry.

If you give me a list of what you need Leo I'll have a look at what a new one looks like and give you the specs.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
thanks i will take pictures of what i need on monday and post here.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.