Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poly Bushings
I've been thinking of some inexpensive way to get rid of my wheel hop. Will replacing the front control arm bushnigs help me with this at the track. I'd probably do all of them at once but its mainly for wheel hop that I wanted this upgrade, or the hopefull reduction of it...

Has anybody done this, replaced their bushings w/ something like prothane or energy suspension. Can you confirm a noticable reduction of wheel hop when the tires break loose?
change all your motor/tranny mounts too, which i think you might have already done

and then changing out any of the front suspensions bushings well help aswell
Below Average Car Club
Group buy on a full set?
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
full set of suspension bushings or engine mounts? I'm in for suspension bushings :D
I believe Steve-0 swapped out his when he installed the SHM kit... I could be wrong though.

Also, I know Focused did as well. He may be able to help you.
ANTHONYD,Mar 21 2006, 12:33 PM Wrote:I believe Steve-0 swapped out his when he installed the SHM kit... I could be wrong though.

Also, I know Focused did as well. He may be able to help you.
[right][snapback]176159[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, not sure if he did the whole kit though, I know I still have 3 or 4 packages that I havent put on yet.. We bought ours from focused during a GB.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
hey kev, there was a guy here in windsor selling a set of lakewood traction bars for the focus. it preloads the front suspension to eliminate wheel hop.
he wanted $150.

link to site selling them
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
I swapped all of my stockers with the energy suspension bushings for the swaybars that came in my SHM kit...nice addition...reduced flex in the swaybars over stock, and with both SHM swaybars on, the car turns awesome...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
im in for the bushing GB!
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
buying it is not a problem, I think most people can afford $150. The problem is installing it. From what I read around the web since year 2000 there is only a few people able to finish whole set.
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....
The trick with installing the poly bushings is to freeze them for a couple of days, and only take the ones you are ready to do out of the freezer. Heat up the metal part, not too hot or you will melt the bushings.. It worked like a charm for me. Just rent the right tools and you won't have to leave any out.

It makes a huge difference, most wheel hop is removed when you swap all the engine mounts. What rubber are you running? The right compound might help you in achiving proper power distribution, don't over inflate either.

Hope this helps!
Alex
I can get us a group buy on Bushings. I'm doing them on my car VERY soon, just send me a PM on who wants to buy and I can get some prices from the performance shop.

Matt
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
(03-18-2006, 05:48 PM)hardk0re Wrote: I've been thinking of some inexpensive way to get rid of my wheel hop. Will replacing the front control arm bushnigs help me with this at the track. I'd probably do all of them at once but its mainly for wheel hop that I wanted this upgrade, or the hopefull reduction of led lights manufacturers...

Has anybody done this, replaced their bushings w/ something like prothane or energy suspension. Can you confirm a noticable reduction of wheel hop when the tires break loose?

Good question. I must say that we booth have the exact problem. Did you fix yours?

(03-19-2006, 12:19 AM)schade Wrote: change all your motor/tranny mounts too, which i think you might have already done

and then changing out any of the front suspensions bushings well help aswell

Yeah. I think this might help my problem. Ill try this out
didnt you sell me your prothane total kit lol
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
this thread is from 2006, wholy thread from the dead!

I stopped wheel hop easily, stop thinking the focus is fast, drive it like a normal person Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stock arms with poly or cfm tubular arms with poly zx3wantobesvt 16 9,039 07-24-2013, 12:04 AM
Last Post: pogo
  poly engine bushings? jtdanks 15 5,081 01-15-2013, 06:05 AM
Last Post: adamzx5