Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improper Muffler Ticket
only ticket i recieved was for failure to display my front plate properly. i had it in the wind shield. cop was clearly a rookie because of his age and he was all stutery and nervous talking to me and he was going off another ticket he had on what to write on mine..it was complete crap
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
I have been pulled over for my car being loud but never a ticket for it. My car is loud , fswerks race header to fswerks race cat back. But I usually try not to let it go over 3k rpm
I actually got pulled over once outside of Bancroft (for speeding actually...this was in about 2006-ish) and when the cop pulled me over, I lowered both front windows and put on my dome light (I had a 3M window tint that was darker than legal from the outside looking in on the 2 front windows), and I also just let the car idle. When he was done with me, I accelerated away slowly/gently, as to not garner any interest in my exhaust...I did see him look back up when I got on it a little bit more, but that was all that happened. I was really releived, and I was glad that I had the 2nd gen MBRP instead of somthing louder. Even if he had wanted to look at my exhaust and say it's illegal, I would have challenged it, as the exhaust was purchased and installed at the manufacturer (a legal business and liscenced garage), and taxes were paid on the parts and labour.

Too bad you had no muffler though...that's kinda hard to argue. My buddy got pulled over in his R32 Skyline, and they actually measured his exhaust diameter, and the size of the muffler inside too (internal length). He was ordered to get a deflector/difuser plate welded to the end of the muffler outlet, and then show proof within x-number of days the change had been made. It makes the muffler a bit quieter, and look kinda dumb, but it still shoots flames out the back if you are at full boost, and completely take your foot off the gas...lol!
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Most performance parts specify offroad use only. So that covers their butt and not yours Wink
Offroad use, sometimes. But if they are legally allowed to make and sell it, and you pay taxes on it, and they are a legal business, I think you can spindoctor your way out of it...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...