Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake Pads And Rotors
Hey guys, I was wondering where in Canada I can get some good deals on performance pads and rotors. I hear the Hawk HPS is pretty good and maybe some EBC rotors. I'd like to keep the solid rotors but would like low dust pads so the rotors can remain clean looking and hopefully shiny.
Raypro,May 25 2008, 11:45 PM Wrote:Hey guys, I was wondering where in Canada I can get some good deals on performance pads and rotors. I hear the Hawk HPS is pretty good and maybe some EBC rotors. I'd like to keep the solid rotors but would like low dust pads so the rotors can remain clean looking and hopefully shiny.
[right][snapback]265079[/snapback][/right]

the best deals on solid rotors are buying an OE replacement rotor from a reputable parts store (such as autozone in the US, or canadian tire in canada). many heavy track users just go with whatever's cheapest and there doesn't appear to be any performance difference or longevity difference between solid rotors from different vendors..

not sure if you can get 'performance friction z rated' brake pads in canada.. but those are a good deal too. hawk hps are a good pad, they perform like stock but dust a lot less. if you don't track the car really you can use whatever is cheapest

best deal will probably be going to canadian tire for OE replacement pads and rotors
I was very happy with the Wagner Thremo-Quiets. Picked them up from Partsource I believe, low dust and no squealing.
They are OEM replacements though, not really 'performance pads'.

just my 2cents.
Front rotors , - parts source , ask for jobber pricing , you can probably pick em up for 22 $ a piece ....

Ebc greens , about 80 $ ...

the rotors crack and warp sure , but hey its only 20 bucks per side LOL ...i found no difference between the expensive performacne rotors and these , not enough to warrant the cost difference ...

did you really put heat into the rotors (track them etc) to get them to crack? or did you crack them in everyday driving? cracks from tons of heat would likely happen with any one piece OE type solid rotor but cracks from daily driving mean that particular rotor is *too* cheap and potentially unsafe
Raypro,May 25 2008, 06:45 PM Wrote:Hey guys, I was wondering where in Canada I can get some good deals on performance pads and rotors. I hear the Hawk HPS is pretty good and maybe some EBC rotors. I'd like to keep the solid rotors but would like low dust pads so the rotors can remain clean looking and hopefully shiny.
[right][snapback]265079[/snapback][/right]

I had HPS at first, i hated them, after 5 months, i was half way trough them and after 3 months no initial bite. It dosen't brake that much, but if you're looking for better, go with HP Plus they're about 10$ more expensive than the HPS. Since I've had my HP PLus all I can say is : GOD it breaks!!! It's great in the street, and amazing on track!
Sure you'll have more dust with the HP PLus but it's important to have good brakes for safety! I had dust with the HPS as well, just not as much as the HP Plus. But if you're only looking for no dust pads, don't buy brake pads!
"Tightness isn't how your car looks, it's how hard you drive it."
-Lg, track addict.
I went with the Hawk HPS pads and so far I like them. Doesn't seem to leave any dust which is what I want and the braking seems to work alright so far. Might order some for my rear as they get lots of brake dust as well.
personally brakes are one of those things I don't think you should skimp out on. I went with powerslot rotors and hawk pads and love them. I had to do a couple of hard braking stops and they stopped in half the distance. I locked the brakes once and you smelled burn rubber after from the tires one of the times I braked hard on wet pavement because some stupid brod desided not to look both ways as she crossed the street and I was 15 feet from her. hit the brakes hard and the car stopped in 10 feet.( I traveled 5 feet before I notice she was accually walking infront of me with out looking.) when the tired scwacked she stopped so I didn't hit her but I would have just tapped her if she had kept walking.

but yeah my little rant is over ........... I love them no more water sheeting on the rotors either since the slots help shed the water.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ZX5 Front rotors and pads Lucster1000 8 4,030 02-23-2013, 03:21 AM
Last Post: 2DXTRM
  Hawk Brake Pads cornflakes 6 2,371 01-23-2008, 08:52 AM
Last Post: naz
  Brake Pads For Svt Focus penguinboy 6 2,269 09-18-2006, 08:23 AM
Last Post: ZX3TUNING