Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antenna
hey guys just wondering if anyone ever tried to use a vw shark antenna to replace the stock one.here is an example off ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...y0%3D%26fvi%3D1

I think that because of where the original antenna is on the focus, the shark fin will look silly at the front of the roof.

I always thought those looked better towards the back of the car.

You have body work involved if you wanted to instal one of those.
ANTHONYD,Apr 29 2008, 11:54 AM Wrote:I think that because of where the original antenna is on the focus, the shark fin will look silly at the front of the roof.

[right][snapback]263193[/snapback][/right]

Yah I'm with Anthony on this one, it would look dumb on the front. Just get a shorty or something. ;)
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
The cheapest and best antenna IMO is to pull off the nub on the end of the stocker, cut about 6" off the original antenna and put cap back on.

Looks WAY better.
Canadian ST,Apr 29 2008, 12:10 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Apr 29 2008, 11:54 AM Wrote:I think that because of where the original antenna is on the focus, the shark fin will look silly at the front of the roof.

[right][snapback]263193[/snapback][/right]

Yah I'm with Anthony on this one, it would look dumb on the front. Just get a shorty or something. ;)
[right][snapback]263199[/snapback][/right]

X3 here,

Honestly if you want a shark fin thing buy a BMW.

one a side note the common thing europeans are doing is painting them to match the body colour, or the small thin part between the chunky parts, looks cool IMO.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Actually the MKZ has the "shark fin" in the rear and I'm wondering how hard it would be to get on put on the Fusion (The rear antenna is a lot shorter than the Focus but the MKZ would be even stealthier in black)

NefCanuck
well i guess shorty it is lol, thx guys. <_<
just dont get the zx3tuning shorty billet antenna made out of solid aluminum metal. it will snap, and its not an actual functional antenna, just made for looks only thats why it sucks
My other ride is your Mom
how do you get a non-fuctional antenna?
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
cut the stock antenna.

looks best!
On the Focus that works out but on the Fusion I have they have a wired wrapped around the antenna itself (What that wire does I have no idea, maybe just additional antenna length? :huh:)

I still have a stock antenna for sale if you want to have an extra to experiment with first)

NefCanuck
Frost__2001,Apr 29 2008, 11:29 PM Wrote:Honestly if you want a shark fin thing buy a BMW.
[right][snapback]263240[/snapback][/right]

what's a 'shark fin'

[Image: DSCF1448.jpg]

is it that triangle on the back of the car? i thought was called antenna?

EDIT: personally i thought the focus antenna was cool.. it fits the car really well, esp the 1gen focus
How do we change a broken antenna?
I broke my damn antenna screw :(
Do I have to replace the whole thing?
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
Gravter,May 12 2008, 06:58 PM Wrote:How do we change a broken antenna?
I broke my damn antenna screw :(
Do I have to replace the whole thing?
[right][snapback]264184[/snapback][/right]

You need to replace the roof mount, ie base its like $10 to $15 bucks. .. just dont loose the WASHER, the washer is NOT included with the antenna like I found out, its part of.. get this... THE ROOF. The Ford dealer tried to sell me the ROOF when i lost the washer, a FRIGGIN ROOF. Grow the **** up ford. Why would I buy a Flippin Roof.
My other ride is your Mom