Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repainted Hatch
Just curious what you guys (and gals) think of this work. I just picked up the car, love the way it looks, but noticed a rough spot, it has paint allover it and is almost unnoticeable, but do you think this is unacceptable and should go back? I assume they would have to respray the entire hatch in order to correct this, which means re-remove the emblems? I dunno if it's worth the hassle...

Anywho, pics of the 3M tape I asked them to install on the backs of the rear doors (already wearing paint there... but not covered under warranty) and new trim/emblem. The ZX5 emblem is on order.

[Image: IMG_1585Medium.jpg]

And some more shots of the work... which are all great otherwise.

[Image: IMG_1590Medium.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1589Medium.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1584Medium.jpg]
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Looks like a little dripping with the clear coat.
Gun too close to car?

Let's remember here, we're not having out Lambo's repainted. :lol:

If it's acceptable to you.... I say fughetabouit.

Looks like nice work though overall.
Well if you can notice now everytime you walk by the car you will cringe. I would take it back and point it out to them, see what they say and what they will do.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
yea.... if its noticeable just by looking at hte car, i say go back and see what they can do. Ultimately I would hope they want to make their customer happy no?

If its something you need to get down on your knees and put your face like 2 inches away from it to see, I wouldnt worry about it.

How often are you going to see that spot??? If its relatively often, take it back, if its once in a blue moon..... fuhgetaboutit!!
Loyal Focus Owner!!!
First: 2003 Ford Focus ZX5
Second: 2002 Ford Focus SVT (#2808 of 4788)
I've had my hatch painted, Liquid grey is damn hard to get right. To match what they painted on your car originally. My motherinlaws trick and my car are both paintcode CX. Yet when you saw them side by side you'd swear up and down they are different colours.

But take it back, was this ford that did it?

The rough spot could be clear overspray that is easily fixed with polishing.

If your thinking about taking it back now, then 12 months from now you'll be pissed you never took it back. I'd take it back.

I think they can fix it without a respray.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
It was a Ford job through a local body shop, Lockwood Motors here in Hamilton. When I get my ZX5 badge in, I'll ask their opinion. I'm leaning towards leaving it alone, if it causes problems in the future I'll deal with it then.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded