Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Brakes At 38k
Well about 2 weeks ago my front brakes were making a grinding noise, I just thought it was wet or I had some dirt in there or something..wrong. It got worse and since Ive been working like a mofo for the past month I was to lazy to inspect it myself so I took it to the dealership and found out I needed new rotors and pads for my 07 with only 38'000km on them :huh: I guess I got some gravel stuck up in the caliper and it killed the left rotor and pad. Well needless to say it cost $400 and change to get it fixed. The right side still had 85% brake pad life on it to boot. Is this common for these cars?
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Never had that problem...Is your car manual or auto?

I have manual trans and I have 80k with original brakes and I have about 10k left on them...I know my dad had a 2000 spi and had to do brakes at like 45k

I think it all depends on your driving too, and $400 to do oneside wow stealership
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
I've got an '05 ST, 83K, doing the first brake job on it now.

I have, however, worn out 3 gas pedals. :lol:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Tiketz,Feb 8 2008, 11:09 PM Wrote:Never had that problem...Is your car manual or auto?

I have manual trans and I have 80k with original brakes and I have about 10k left on them...I know my dad had a 2000 spi and had to do brakes at like 45k

I think it all depends on your driving too, and $400 to do oneside wow stealership
[right][snapback]257691[/snapback][/right]

Ya its manual, I ended up doing both sides anyways I think rotors and pads were $250, the right side was in great shape though.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
If I had more time I would have gone with the EBC rotors and pads, about the same price.
personally, i would have left the right side alone and just changed the left side, unless i was changing to a different pad compound.

i changed the pads on and rotors on my '00 zx3 at around 90k and i think you were on track to change at that mileage too based on the condition of the right side... about the ebc pads i haven't tried them personally but i've read that others who have decided to go with hawk hps instead
i have ebc pads with baer rotors and the combo works great
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
learn to downshift.....
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Feb 13 2008, 10: Wrote:learn to downshift.....
[right][snapback]257954[/snapback][/right]

eh...... I would hope he knows how to downshift! That being said...... whats cheaper to fix, brakes or tranny? ;)
Loyal Focus Owner!!!
First: 2003 Ford Focus ZX5
Second: 2002 Ford Focus SVT (#2808 of 4788)
D-Dub,Feb 13 2008, 01: Wrote:learn to downshift.....

Well If you bothered to read the tread from the start you would know that I had a piece of gravel wedged in the caliper, thus killing the rotor and pad. The ohther pad still had 75% pad life.
Stop making fun of d-dubs reading skills.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
SVTGuy02,Feb 13 2008, 05:29 PM Wrote:
D-Dub,Feb 13 2008, 10: Wrote:learn to downshift.....

eh...... I would hope he knows how to downshift! That being said...... whats cheaper to fix, brakes or tranny? ;)
[right][snapback]257978[/snapback][/right]

are you kidding me.....if your down shifting from 5 grand all the time, then maybe yeah, you have a future tranny upgrade.

I skipped the gravel part my mistake ......
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.