Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door Won't Close
Not sure if it's the cause, but I'm hoping that the snow and ice we in Ontario "enjoyed" yesterday and this morning was the reason why my drivers door wouldn't close. It took a bit of fudging around and a few choice words, but, it finally closed. It happened twice, once last night after the car sat for a few hours in the winter wonderland, and first thing this morning. After I got it to close,both times, it worked fine.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Gotta love the focus heh.

Mine does the same thing, I bring it in and they lube some components and its fine for the next year or so....I always mean to ask what they do so I can just do it myself.

What I do when it happens, is open the door, get in, press the lock button and close the door.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
if it's at the latch it could be frozen open there or it could be because they door handle is frozen in the pull to open position still. I had that happen to me this morning..
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
and the last recall was only for the rear door latches IIRC...

Looks like Ford missed the boat when dealing with "Severe Climate" conditions again..

NefCanuck
you wanna hear screwed.
my locks are freezing up like yours also. but, now the electric lock can be heard engaging repeatedly. a faint click click click.
I'm wondering if it's ice on the contacts or the ECM is squirrelly. anyways, i'll disconnect the batt this weekend and replace the transmitter batts too. although they've both been tested and discounted as the cause.

and this all started the same day the alt and belt went on the sunfire, an expensive week for sure.
Regular maintanence on the door latches has probably helped me never experienced this so far. I grease them all including the hood every six months.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
its not the cold. my car does this all year round.. what works for me is when the door is open, I lock it and unlock it by opening the door with the inside door handle... then I can shut the door. :blink:
2001 ZX3..
Mods - Coming Soon
Tinited with Skull decal on front bumper passenger side.