Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toyota's Recalling Another 1/4 Million Cars
Toyota Recall

mainly its Lexus & there are about 35,000 affected in the recall across Canada & the US ranging across many models from 2003 to 2006.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
215,000 of those are japanese market only vehicles

but dam toyota has been taking a big quality hit lately!!
tee hee :poke2: :1gayfight2: :1kissass:
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Nov 28 2007, 11:49 PM Wrote:tee hee :poke2:  :1gayfight2:  :1kissass:
[right][snapback]253702[/snapback][/right]

ummmm i didn't even know those smileys exist... :ph34r:
The more cars you produce, the higher incident rate of problems is likely, basic statistics...

But maybe just maybe this will cause people to not treat Toyota like some mythical gold standard <_<

NefCanuck
http://www.chathamjournal.com/weeklyvin...ity-70320.shtml

talks about CR reliability ratings

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/pr...rview/index.htm

direct link to the ratings

lexus moved from #1 to #5, which is 'bad' (because its a decrease).. but keep in mind ford is #16 which is 'worse' (because 16th is lower than 5th)..

i'd still rather get a japanese car assembled in japan to keep for long term.. sorry

some other things to keep in mind

Quote:# Overall, Asian models still dominate in reliability, accounting for 34 of the 39 models in the Most reliable new car list. Thirty-one are Japanese and three are South Korean.

# Despite Toyota's problems, the automaker still ranks third overall in reliability, behind only Honda and Subaru, with 17 models in the best list. Honda has seven with a smaller model lineup

#Only four domestic models made the Most reliable list: the Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, Pontiac Vibe, and the two-wheel-drive Ford F-150 with the V6 engine. U.S. makes, however, account for almost half the models--20 of 44--on the Least reliable list. There are 13 from GM, 6 from Chrysler, and 1 from Ford.

EDIT: mercury milan/ford fusionncoln mkz is really reliable hurray ford :rolleyes:
Can't really count the Vibe as a GM though... And I wouldn't trust Consumer reports, as they very anti GM. So against GM in fact, that they're Silverado-Tunocrap (Tundra) comparison was done with a just above base Chevy (5.3 liter) and a fully loaded Tunocrap (5.7 Tundra).
mercury milan/ford fusionncoln mkz

These are essentially the same car just different bumpers and badges.......
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
naz,Nov 28 2007, 10:02 PM Wrote:http://www.chathamjournal.com/weeklyvin...ity-70320.shtml

talks about CR reliability ratings

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/pr...rview/index.htm

direct link to the ratings

lexus moved from #1 to #5, which is 'bad' (because its a decrease).. but keep in mind ford is #16 which is 'worse'  (because 16th is lower than 5th)..

i'd still rather get a japanese car assembled in japan to keep for long term.. sorry

some other things to keep in mind

Quote:# Overall, Asian models still dominate in reliability, accounting for 34 of the 39 models in the Most reliable new car list. Thirty-one are Japanese and three are South Korean.

# Despite Toyota's problems, the automaker still ranks third overall in reliability, behind only Honda and Subaru, with 17 models in the best list. Honda has seven with a smaller model lineup

#Only four domestic models made the Most reliable list: the Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, Pontiac Vibe, and the two-wheel-drive Ford F-150 with the V6 engine. U.S. makes, however, account for almost half the models--20 of 44--on the Least reliable list. There are 13 from GM, 6 from Chrysler, and 1 from Ford.

EDIT: mercury milan/ford fusionncoln mkz is really reliable hurray ford :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]253714[/snapback][/right]

The thing is both Honda & Toyota have openly admited that, the cars & Suvs they have built in Canada are of better quality then those built in their home market of Japan, US & Europe. So getting a Canadian built model is the highest quality over the Japanese built one.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Nov 29 2007, 03:39 AM Wrote:The thing is both Honda & Toyota have openly admited that, the cars & Suvs they have built in Canada are of better quality then those built in their home market of Japan, US & Europe. So getting a Canadian built model is the highest quality over the Japanese built one.
[right][snapback]253723[/snapback][/right]

that's good info. can i get a link to the article so i can pass it around to others? also what VIN codes should i be looking for identify these models?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Toyota Recalls 2.3 Million Cars In Canada And U.s. darkpuppet 15 7,076 02-03-2010, 02:53 AM
Last Post: NefCanuck
  Ford To Recall 3.6 Million Full Size Cars, Trucks Frost__2001 3 1,471 08-08-2007, 03:10 AM
Last Post: snorcus