Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thermostat
Hey does anybody have an idea on the cost of a thermostat for the focus with intstallation. Im finding that my guage shows im heating up when i start in the morning. But then it drops down to cool again then back up. Anyone ever had these problems?
2004 black focus zx5, pacesetter intake, SVT suspension, fast wheels 205 40R17, smoked taillights, 6000k HID kit.
Audio: Sony head unit, Sony D-Class amp, Alpine Type R 12"
Be perpared to replace the T-Stat Housing while you are at it. They are prone to damage as they are made from plastic. Not sure of the cost but be prepared.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
im not really to sure if it is t-stat i was talking with another guy from fc he said it could be the fluid or air in the system. I commute a few days a week and find i lose a lil fluid every once and a while.
2004 black focus zx5, pacesetter intake, SVT suspension, fast wheels 205 40R17, smoked taillights, 6000k HID kit.
Audio: Sony head unit, Sony D-Class amp, Alpine Type R 12"
blackzx5,Jan 8 2010, 08:57 AM Wrote:Hey does anybody have an idea on the cost of a thermostat for the focus with intstallation.  Im finding that my guage shows im heating up when i start in the morning.  But then it drops down to cool again then back up.  Anyone ever had these problems?
[right][snapback]299257[/snapback][/right]

I replaced my thermostat by myself last week.

About 20 mins or so to remove the old thermostat and reinstall the new one (on a cold car).

Price for the Thermostat and gasket taxes in, should be around $20. Plus the price of some coolant.

I dont know what a shop would charge though. Depends on their hourly rate.

HOWEVER, if your gauge is going wonky, do you still have heat in the car when the heater is on?

If not, then definately thermostat needs to be changed. If you still have heat and the gauge is wonky, then you might need a new sensor.
2002 Focus ZX5: SVT Air Box/Snorkel with K&N, SVT Catback, KYBs, DBA slotted rotors/EBC Ultimax
2000 Saturn SL: daily driver
1995 SVT Cobra