Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nitrous , What All Is Needed For It ,
Ebay item number 270127339764

Is this all I would need to intall and safely run the nitrous kit ? I know im gonna have to get the bottle filled so dont state the obvious .

If theres anything else what is there ?

really considering it since it will be easier on my tranny and motor than a turbo would be.
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
You need a Diaper, Cause bottles are for babies
zx5power,Jun 9 2007, 09:01 PM Wrote:Is this all I would need to intall and safely run the nitrous kit ?[right][snapback]240999[/snapback][/right]
Nitrous and safely are not usually used in the same sentence.

It looks like everything, but I don't understand why you think that it would be easier on your engine and tranny than a turbo. Because in fact the opposite is true.

Let's face it. Turbos produce HP on a every day basis. Spray is used for a quick boost at WOT in a drag race. Unless you're at the track, that's not cool.

But to each their own. Good luck.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
How about a car where Nos is a good idea lol :P
2000 ZX3
Is this for Dry or Wet application?

Also not sure where you are from, but in Ontario they are trying to ban the bottle and possible jail/fine if they catch ppl. ( i think)
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

mo_focus,Jun 10 2007, 07:29 AM Wrote:Is this for Dry or Wet application? [right][snapback]241014[/snapback][/right]
It's a wet system.
Ive been told its easier on the engine since its not always being used ... if this is untrue and its harder on the engine I guess I will need turbo lol
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
zx5power,Jun 10 2007, 02:17 PM Wrote:Ive been told its easier on the engine since its not always being used ... [right][snapback]241040[/snapback][/right]
I would say stop listening to whomever that was.
Nitrous. In my humble opinion, should never be installed on a car, unless it's just being used for Drag Racing. Whatever the cost of the nitrous, put it into real performance modifications, intake, exhaust, suspension, and if you can afford it turbo or supercharged. Spend your money or stuff that'll make the overall driving experience a bigger rush, not just five minutes worth.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Nitrous has no point on a street car. It makes sense on a drag car, but you should never have a use for it on the street.. what sort of driving situation requires an instant temporary 50-100hp? I don't think it would be unreasonable or surprising if a law passed saying you can't have a bottle hooked up on the streets.

If you're worried about being hard on your engine you should look at a low boost supercharger or turbo setup, or just stick to NA engine bolt ons. Personally I'd rather pay for a power adder that I notice all the time, rather than for 10-20 seconds at a time.