Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slip Grip Or Chatter?
ok so I'm looking for a new clutch:

It's for street/road course/autocross...

can lack some drivability in favour of performance

I can't afford an exedy

Ive been looking into spec and ACT... it seems ACT makes a modified street track disc for the 99 escourt with zetec and mtx 75... has any one run this on a focus?

I want somthing in the 300 ft lb torqu handleing range now I don't have 300lbs tq.. will I? who knows..

any experiances good bad ? will be used with an LSD... willing to pay $1000-$1200 for a lsd lightened fly wheel and clutch combo with new throw out bearing...

so any of you speed shops on here are welcome to quote me...

[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
your sure hoping for alot of parts cheap man. the LSD is 700ish MY COST at the shop. give me the ACT part#'s and ill look them up as well as the flywheel. ill see what i can do.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
If your on FJ contact Steve @ Towsey Ford, I believe the Torsen's are 499USD from him. Also Spec is available from http://www.ctamotorsports.com, give the guy a call he should be able to hook you up, best to also mate it with a spec lightened flywheel at the same time.

I have an ACT Stage II that holds up to 267ft/lbs for now. Its a very nice setup. I also just purchased a Torsen T2 from Massive in the States, cost me $700 shipped to my door. When I throw a new clutch in she'll be getting a new flywheel as well. Im just hopin I dont blow up the Torszen like i've already done to two other stock diffs.......... :angry:
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
hardk0re,Jun 5 2007, 10:23 PM Wrote:If your on FJ contact Steve @ Towsey Ford, I believe the Torsen's are 499USD from him.  Also Spec is available from http://www.ctamotorsports.com, give the guy a call he should be able to hook you up, best to also mate it with a spec lightened flywheel at the same time.
[right][snapback]240649[/snapback][/right]

man I could not remeber who pmed me that info... and of course I deleted it... thanks!

act stage 2? it's not showing on there site... got a part number perhaps.. I can foeward to bigman lol
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
I dunno the part number but this is the clutch thats in my car.
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
if you get a clutch that chatters when it is cold and have never had one before.. i'd think really hard whether or not you need it... i have to warm my car up for like 5min when sits for a while (ie overnight, after work, etc) and then take it really easy on the clutch (no slipping while applying thottle) for the the first mile or two. trying to get up a small incline with a cold clutch and tons of chatter gets old really fast