Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Focus Project
Well I got this Wings West three piece mid wing today and I am fairly excited about getting put on the ZX3. I was wondering if I can do something like this myself? And if so what am I looking at as far as prep and painting? Or should I go to the Ford dealer ship to get it painted? Or an auto body shop?
[Image: DSC00448.jpg]
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.
VF Supercharger Kit (Stage 2)

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
I never liked the look of those wings on the focus... they look so Rice-ish on the hatches...almost like a Civic want to be, no offence.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I had one on my car for a while until I sold it to Bort. I had the bodyshop at the dealership paint and install it.. You can attach it all with double sided tape, but the dealership guy told me they had installed a couple on some cars on the lot and they'd fall off in the winter (but I guess if you're in BC you don't need to worry about cold winters).

They actually drilled the hatch and ran 2 bolts on each side of the big piece as well as the tape, and they used some kind of glue on the side pieces. It just makes it a lot more expensive to remove if you ever want to..
guilty,May 12 2007, 12:03 AM Wrote:I had one on my car for a while until I sold it to Bort.  I had the bodyshop at the dealership paint and install it.. You can attach it all with double sided tape, but the dealership guy told me they had installed a couple on some cars on the lot and they'd fall off in the winter (but I guess if you're in BC you don't need to worry about cold winters).

They actually drilled the hatch and ran 2 bolts on each side of the big piece as well as the tape, and they used some kind of glue on the side pieces.  It just makes it a lot more expensive to remove if you ever want to..
[right][snapback]238160[/snapback][/right]

Well the guy I got it from said it was a pain in the ass trying to get it off. So I don't think I will have a problem with it falling off. :lol:
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
I love that wing!
Whatever you do, make sure the glass in the photo is still full...............
:lol:
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,May 12 2007, 03:14 AM Wrote:Whatever you do, make sure the glass in the photo is still full...............
:lol:
[right][snapback]238174[/snapback][/right]

Man since after that photo I have been drinking those all day! Yay for 4 days off!

I love teh yards!
The wing is cool too. Gives you a shelf to put your beers!
hardk0re,May 11 2007, 10:29 PM Wrote:I love that wing!
[right][snapback]238170[/snapback][/right]

Same here, I've always loved the mid wing look! Nice choice!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Yeah some people say it looks rice but I think it really takes hatch and gives it a nice looking edge while maintaining its curves. Now actually getting to painting and install thats what I need help on.

SmokeBCBuDZ,May 12 2007, 12:59 PM Wrote:Yeah some people say it looks rice but I think it really takes hatch and gives it a nice looking edge while maintaining its curves. Now actually getting to painting and install thats what I need help on.
[right][snapback]238228[/snapback][/right]

I got mine drilled on. If I would redo it I would tapes it we really good 2 way tape. You can always take it off if you don't like it and if you don't install it right you can always redo it. I regret drilling mine. DON"T DRILL!!!!
2000 Ford Focus Roush Turbo & 2004 Focus sedan