Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dealer Tag Removal
Anybody know the best way on the removal of a dealer sticker?
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.
VF Supercharger Kit (Stage 2)

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
depends on what kind it is, is it just a sticker or label like "FOCUS" or ZX3?

i guess for both you can use hair dryer/heat gun to heat up the glue and try peeling them off, once off, just use WD-40 or tar remover to remove the glue.

If its the "focus" style label, you can also use dental floss to remove the sticker and clean the rest with wd-40 or tar remover.

good luck,MoMo
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

goo-gone is better for getting the residue off.. But wash it afterwards as the goo-gone, if left, can cause damage..

[Image: rivalphotographygf0.jpg]
Ok it is a sticker so imagine I would have to use a dryer or heat gun. I just hope i don't scratch the paint or something while doing it.
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.
VF Supercharger Kit (Stage 2)

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
Usually a heat gun will work well, and then use WD-40 as the others mentioned...or...you can use a SMALL amount of acetone on a rag to take the adhesive off, and then just use some wax to smooth and protect to clearcoat in that area again.

I got lucky with the dealer stickers on my car...just grabbed and peeled off easy, and then used some WD-40 to make sure the residue was gone, and then waxed...

The sticker was on the top left side of my trunklid...

[Image: FastFordReardoctored.jpg]

Can't tell there was one on there anymore...

L8tz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
yep...i asked how to take off focus letters on here about a month ago...and Goo-Gone did its job real good
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
just a note the next time you take the car back to the dealer for anything tell them not to put another sticker on the car Donway did this to my ZX3 twice before I told them not to.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
On a hot day you can just peel the vinyl off, it's not that big a deal. When I took my dealer sticker off the residue washed off really easily with just water..
K_OS,Mar 30 2007, 02:31 PM Wrote:Donway did this to my ZX3 twice before I told them not to.
[right][snapback]232538[/snapback][/right]
Thanks. I be sure to stay away from that place. :huh:
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.