Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cut Stock Shifter?
NikiterZTS,Mar 26 2007, 04:37 PM Wrote:i donno about cuttin man...my buddy did it in his civic :) lol :lol:

but anyways i got my Cosmo STS of one site for $94 shipped.....love it

laterz
[right][snapback]232056[/snapback][/right]

hey dont bring in the civic... ;) im looking for some inexpensive mods i can do and i personally think it can be done... i have some ideas and ill post pics in a few days to a week...
girard.k,Mar 26 2007, 03:41 PM Wrote:
ZED_not_zee,Mar 26 2007, 02:25 AM Wrote:cutting the shift lever is like nailing a hooker with no condom

Ya its' cheap and fun but are you ready for the consiquences :D
[right][snapback]231964[/snapback][/right]

give me an example of a consequence that i would face...i dont really se a problem with cutting it as long as all the cuts have the same ratio...

Im looking at cutting 3" off, ive come up with a new idea to have that cable in the same location as stock and i can cut down the actual shifter and the link from the top of the the reverse safety mechanism to the bottom...ill post pics in about a week to let you know how it goes...if it doesnt work ill just buy a legit short shifter...
[right][snapback]232049[/snapback][/right]

here's a consequence:

your asking about this,,, your not sure how to do it and have never done it... so you don't know how...

and you cut it too short or don't reinstall it right.. and miss alighn every thing.. your not sure how to fix it B/C you had to ask how to break it in the first place...

consiquence being you screw up your shift lever and now have to have it professionally repaired or replace it with an oem (back to square one) or after market (what you should have done in the first place)
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
I have the steeda shifter kit in my foci and I love it. Save your money, you can drive with out it for a while. Ebay is getto, anyone can mode their cars for low buck but it's never what you want. Be patient and save and shop arround.
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
I came accros a used shifter assembly and looked at it for a while, figured out that you can take a die grinder and cut the piece of plastic that stops the shifter. I cut the shifter about 2 1/2 " and re tapped the shifter and the knob went right back on . The stock shifter boot has a zip tie holding the top part on so you will need to cut the tie and thread a nes one in to hold it . For the reverse lockout part on the boot you just have to remove it while you have the boot off. Mine is a 2005 , i think the older ones are a little different but same idea. It took me about 1 hour to re-ri but i was also taking calls and serving customers in my 4 hour saturday shift. Feels nice and i think you would be ok with 3" but not much more than that. Good reason to clean your center console well.
[Image: style2,duratec-spc-power.png]