Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disable Shift Light
OAC_Sparky,Jan 23 2007, 07:11 AM Wrote:
Mason,Jan 22 2007, 01:16 PM Wrote:No way ill ignore it. Im putting a remote starter/alarm kit in. Ill have them ford turn it off when they do that.
[right][snapback]224186[/snapback][/right]
I'm surprised the dealership will put a remote start into a manual.
[right][snapback]224250[/snapback][/right]

I know I say it alot but Mt. Bridges for is the best ford dealership in the london area. It helps to have grown up with the family the owns the dealership.
Its getting installed for 50$
2000 ZX3
Flofocus,Jan 23 2007, 08:58 AM Wrote:I hope your not one of them that complains about MPG's when you dont even follow the light. :P
[right][snapback]224256[/snapback][/right]

I know how to shift a car. the light is only there if you wanna use it.
I almost never drive by the light.
2000 ZX3
Mason,Jan 23 2007, 10:26 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jan 23 2007, 08:58 AM Wrote:I hope your not one of them that complains about MPG's when you dont even follow the light. :P

[right][snapback]224270[/snapback][/right]

I didnt say you dont know how to shift, Im saying dont complain about your gas mileage when your not following the light.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
dBlast,Jan 23 2007, 09:30 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jan 21 2007, 02:07 PM Wrote:Its there for gas mileage, if you shift when it lights up, you get beter mileage.  I use it all the time and I get really good mileage.

I could be going 60km/hr and in 5th gear when following the shift light.
[right][snapback]224079[/snapback][/right]

Now I understand how you can get 500km per tank even when boosted.

I am always tempted to get into boost which is normally way beyond the upshift light indicates. I have never gotten 500km on one tank. :lol:
[right][snapback]224261[/snapback][/right]

try it sometime and maybe you will get 500km :P

I use the light all the time, and it DOES work.

I changed my guages, so instead of the arrow I have the word 'check'...

Every single person that has driven my car "Oh oh, check engine light"

:lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Jan 23 2007, 10:40 AM Wrote:
Mason,Jan 23 2007, 10:26 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]224270[/snapback][/right]

I didnt say you dont know how to shift, Im saying dont complain about your gas mileage when your not following the light.
[right][snapback]224273[/snapback][/right]

I dont recall complaining about that.
2000 ZX3
Flofocus,Jan 23 2007, 09:43 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jan 21 2007, 02:07 PM Wrote:Its there for gas mileage, if you shift when it lights up, you get beter mileage.  I use it all the time and I get really good mileage.

I am always tempted to get into boost which is normally way beyond the upshift light indicates. I have never gotten 500km on one tank. :lol:

I changed my guages, so instead of the arrow I have the word 'check'...

Every single person that has driven my car "Oh oh, check engine light"

[right][snapback]224274[/snapback][/right]

lol
who are the gauges made by?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Flofocus,Jan 23 2007, 09:43 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]224274[/snapback][/right]

OK... so I tried it on the way home last night. I up shifted exactly when the up arrow indicated and damn it was sooooo slow to get up to speed.

I was at the front of the line at an intersection and I had a whole string of cars pass me and ended up last in line at the next intersection.

It was slower than an 18-wheeler accelerating up a long steep hill. You might as well put your hazard lights on if you intend to abide by the up shift light. :lol:
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
I dod the same thing last night.

Had me in 5th at 60km.

Car sounded like a truck.... But I'll bet I got good mileage.
ANTHONYD,Jan 24 2007, 11:07 AM Wrote:I dod the same thing last night.

Had me in 5th at 60km.

Car sounded like a truck.... But I'll bet I got good mileage.
[right][snapback]224396[/snapback][/right]

the lowest speed i put the car in 5th is 65 km/h, but thats only if know i will not need to accelerate at all!!

im glad i do very little city driving

sidenote: lately my dad has been taking my car to run errands and what not if i dont need it (so my lil sis can drive his). i know hes not great at stick and after he's been doing it for at least 3-4 months, he still cant seem to get the finese of driving stick. we came to work together and he felt the need to drive. the whole way in, i was chringing. he somehow mangaged to get the car into first at 55 km/h while rolling to a stop (he had th clutch pedal fully depressed). i yelled at him to never do that again, and he was like "why?". i proceeded to tell him if his foot slipped, boom goes the motor!!! all i know is that if my clutch ever takes a s***, its gonna be "his" fault :lol:
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
oh my buddy did that with my car at 65km/h he thought he was puttin it in 3rd

oh i wanted to kill him right there

and then i took a beating on his car
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
I did that on the highway once. Dowshifting into 4th and slammed into 2nd.

The back end of the sedan almost passed me. :lol:

Wheels screetched and everything.

I spilled my coffee too.
Shifting with the economy light i picked up 75 km on a tank....

i got 535 city km in the red zx3.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Given that the slushbox doesn't have the "shift me now" light, what tricks do those of us who drive an autobox employ?

If I granny it at 1/4 throttle I might get slightly better mileage but I'll get beaten by even the ice cream truck ;)

NefCanuck
The way I look at it is who actually drives by the light.
I know 90% of you went "nope"
There for I want it off lol
2000 ZX3
NefCanuck,Jan 24 2007, 02:16 PM Wrote:Given that the slushbox doesn't have the "shift me now" light, what tricks do those of us who drive an autobox employ? 

If I granny it at 1/4 throttle I might get slightly better mileage but I'll get beaten by even the ice cream truck ;)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]224423[/snapback][/right]

I find the Duratec 2.0 has plenty of around-town torque when driven in the 1800-2400 range. Mostly, I tend to run it out to 3000 in first and let the rest of the shift points fall where they may.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I dont know if you guys have ever heard about this, but you can disable that light without going through the bulbs.

look down at your clutch, push it all the way in (with the car off) and then twist and remove the positioning sensor. its been debated on FJ that it improves low end torque, by tricking the car into believing it never shifts it doesnt pull timing to shift.

seats of the pants it feels likes it works, start in 1st gear, going 10km, then just FLOOR it. not a gradual floor, straight up BOOM to the floor. then take the sensor out and d it again, you will notice something.

and the arrow won't light up anymore :)
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
...... Well thats a bad idea.
Trickin your engine isnt generally a good idea. Tricking the pedal is an even worce idea.
2000 ZX3
PerfectSaiyan,Jan 28 2007, 01:53 PM Wrote:I dont know if you guys have ever heard about this, but you can disable that light without going through the bulbs.

look down at your clutch, push it all the way in (with the car off)  and then twist and remove the positioning sensor.  its been debated on FJ that it improves low end torque, by tricking the car into believing it never shifts it doesnt pull timing to shift.

seats of the pants it feels likes it works, start in 1st gear, going 10km, then just FLOOR it.  not a gradual floor, straight up BOOM to the floor.  then take the sensor out and d it again, you will notice something.

and the arrow won't light up anymore :)
[right][snapback]224897[/snapback][/right]

Wow, amazed that it took someone THAT long to mention that. Make sure the car is off when you do it, or else you'll throw a CEL. There are no adverse effects to doing so. I ran mine that way for months... and know several others that have as well, all with no adverse effects.

I eventually had mine re-set to be a shift light when I got my chip...
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gear Shift Light brucktown 4 2,606 11-04-2005, 02:08 AM
Last Post: brucktown