Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head Lamp
SOOOO I have some condensation in my driver side head lamp and I would like to take it apart clean and re-seal it. I have read about procedures on taking apart a head lamp but my question is has anybody here done just that? What kind of problems did you encounter? Was easy/hard? Any advice would be great!
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.
VF Supercharger Kit (Stage 2)

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
If they are stock headlights and you have warranty left, you can get them replaced. That happened to both of my stock headlights and I just ended up getting brand new units..
guilty,Feb 10 2007, 04:22 PM Wrote:If they are stock headlights and you have warranty left, you can get them replaced.  That happened to both of my stock headlights and I just ended up getting brand new units..
[right][snapback]226393[/snapback][/right]

Well the factory warranty is up I did get an extended warranty that does cover head lamps but i gotta pay a $50 dollar deductible. I was just seeing if I could just do it myself but I guess I would have to but sealant and whatever else.
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
It'd be cheaper to just pay the deductible... and easier, too. :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I have done that and its a pain in the ass. When you do reseal it, make sure you get the sealer aound the light really good or it will get water in it causing you to have to do it again. I had to do it twice because I didnt get the sealer in there good enough
ca_focus,Feb 11 2007, 05:27 AM Wrote:I have done that and its a pain in the ass. When you do reseal it, make sure you get the sealer aound the light really good or it will get water in it causing you to have to do it again. I had to do it twice because I didnt get the sealer in there good enough
[right][snapback]226459[/snapback][/right]

Did you paint yours and do u have the same style of head lamp as I do?
[Image: th_focus.jpg]

You could go on any of the bigger Focus boards (focaljet, focusfanatics, etc) and do a search for "SVT headlight mod" or something like that. There have been a lot of people who opened their stock headlights up to paint the chrome trim black like on the SVTs, there should be a how-to for getting them apart and back together.