Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Interior
Hello,

I'm looking to have my interior repainted and was wondering if anyone knew the best place to have this done. I tried painting my doors but man I cannot paint worth a damn. I have the grey cloth interior and was looking to make it black and white. If anyone knows where I should go please let me know.

Thanks
check out http://www.katzkin.com for seat fabric replacements. You can buy their how to video, and tool kit to do it yourself.

For painting the interior (tacky, IMO), Im sure theres a member around you that could help you out.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]

I agree with Flo,

Pianted interiors are not my thing either.

You can make just a good statement with a nice set of Katskins or racing seats.

There are some tasteful dash kits out there too.

Ask NefCanuck. I like his.
I'll also suggest a dash kit over anything painted. I got a set of aluminum-coloured interior door pulls from Nate ages ago and I think they add the right accent to the interior of the car. Aluminum HVAC knobs are a nice touch, too, if aluminum is your thing.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
and here's a shot of my centre console with the aluminum Steeda knobs and the aluminum dash inserts (The kit also includes inserts for the shift console and the vents on the driver & passenger side)

Excuse the GPS speaker & wiring

[Image: NewCentreConsole.jpg]

NefCanuck
If your are thinking of painting your interior it's best to keep it very suttle when doing it, if you are interested in going for that look here are some pic of my interior from a while ago with the suttle yellow effect.

[Image: InteriorAfter2.jpg]
[Image: 000_0124.jpg]

And if you want to be totally different from Everyone you can always go the European route with OEM Ford Of Europe products if you own a 2000~2004 model, you can get the trim kits similar to Nefcanuck's in 4 different colours (silver - Zetec, black - Basic, Black wood - Ghia, Walnut- Ghia) I did the Zetec route and went for a total Euro Interior, and this is what it looks like today.

[Image: 000_0250.jpg]
[Image: 000_0274.jpg]
[Image: 000_0281.jpg]
[Image: 000_0284.jpg]
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I dont think "subtle" and "yellow accents" really go in the same sentence ;)

Aside from the oddball font they used for "focus", that silver sticker kit looks pretty good Nef.

Although I'd rather have a well done paintjob than aluminum-look or carbon fiber-look sticker kits.

I vote for keeping everything gray/black.. unless it's a show car it just ends up looking tacky. I painted my interior pieces silver and it turned out pretty well, although I'm sort of getting tired of it and I'm thinking of painting the silver pieces a darker gray.. more subtle and elegant.

As for door panels, the paint wont turn out unless you smooth the panel down and use some kind of adhesion promoter. You could also try a black vinyl dye, I think they are fairly common for trying to change interior colors.
guilty,Sep 29 2006, 06:43 PM Wrote:I dont think "subtle" and "yellow accents" really go in the same sentence ;)

Aside from the oddball font they used for "focus", that silver sticker kit looks pretty good Nef. 

Although I'd rather have a well done paintjob than aluminum-look or carbon fiber-look sticker kits.
[right][snapback]209373[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, the font to me seems this odd mix of 00-04 & 05+ almost as if they realized that putting everything in the 05+ font would be boresville...

Oh this isn't just a sticker kit, I could have gone the vinyl sticker route, which would have been far cheaper, this is an actual insert that has a lifetime warranty..

NefCanuck
Thanks for all the imput.
Nef's kit is impressive in person.

Perfect FIT!