Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test Driven: Mustangs And Pontiacs
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 31 2006, 01:31 PM Wrote:OK, I'm, confused. Did he just argue "for" the WRX or the bike?
[right][snapback]199960[/snapback][/right]

i'm saying don't buy something only because you think it will be good on gas.

the actual savings from reduced fuel consumption is not that much (of course it would vary from my example if someone drove more than 2000mi/mo) , and there are significant non financial sacrifices you have to make to get that reduced fuel consumption (such as higher risk of injury for a motorcycle, or substantial decrease in performance and social status for weak car)
naz,Jul 31 2006, 11:43 PM Wrote:(such as higher risk of injury for a motorcycle, or substantial decrease in performance and social status for weak car)
[right][snapback]200136[/snapback][/right]

The injury thing I totally agree, but (AND THIS ISN'T DIRECTED AT YOU PERSONALLY IN ANY WAY) social status? Pfft. Come on now. If you can't be successful and drive a fiscally-repsonsible vehicle, you're wasting too much time measuring penises and not enjoying life.

If you buy a new / larger / faster car simply because the old one's tired or broken down constantly, then good. All the more power to you. But on parking lot status? Bah. That's lemming talk.

I park next to Jags and other assorted fun stuff daily. While I respect their right to drive what they want, my driving a Focus doesn't impede on evaluations, raises or their overall opinion of how I do my job. If you have to drive xxx car to get ahead without giving head... you're in the wrong job / social circles.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
my old car was a 2door grand prix gtp loved it...... in a straight line. minor bolt ons, smaller pulley equaled a 13.9 in the quarter and 2 auto transmissions
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES