Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo Civic On Ebay
Darkpuppet im glad you see what I attempt to express over the internet.

Meford.. unfortunetly your assuming far too much about this car for me to even somewhat side with your argument of this being a horrible daily driver that will cost you alot of money. Way too many assumptions about this car and civics throughout the whole thread.

Like puppet said itll be no more different then any other car. This car is done for you... treat it right and itll last juuuust fine.

But if you want to look at economics its simple. For 4 grand more your son could have had a toy that was A LOT more fun. no? ;)
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
tdot-zx3,Apr 7 2006, 02: Wrote:Darkpuppet im glad you see what I attempt to express over the internet.

Meford.. unfortunetly your assuming far too much about this car for me to even somewhat side with your argument of this being a horrible daily driver that will cost you alot of money. Way too many assumptions about this car and civics throughout the whole thread.

Like puppet said itll be no more different then any other car. This car is done for you... treat it right and itll last juuuust fine.

But if you want to look at economics its simple. For 4 grand more your son could have had a toy that was A LOT more fun. no? ;)
[right][snapback]179548[/snapback][/right]
Uh, no

I never brought the civic hate into the equation. You did.
You and Jay amoung others automatically assume that I, in particular, hate the civic. That's not true.
My son bought a Focus because the parents that he resides in work for Ford. And his step grandfather worked at Ford. As did his step great grandfather and his step great great grandfather. So you tell me if I should be driving a civic or any member of my family?
Not on your life.

If you needed a fire protection system in your house, would you shop for one outside of your father's business? I think not.

But this isn't about the civic in general. To me it's about spending $20k on a car that is a '92. If you don't understand that part of the argument then my point is lost.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Apr 7 2006, 08:51 AM Wrote:But this isn't about the civic in general.  To me it's about spending $20k on a car that is a '92.  If you don't understand that part of the argument then my point is lost.
[right][snapback]179560[/snapback][/right]

This particular civic is in better condition than my 00 focus that has never been winter driven, and has eaten Corvette C6's for breakfast ;)

If that's not a sweet sleeper, then I dont know what is.

And no, I wouldnt pay 20K for it. :P :lol:

I see both your point of views....This is a good buy for somebody that wants a turbo civic that doesnt want the headaches of building it.....but then theirs people like me & many other guys, those headaches is what makes this so much more fun & fulfilling. :D
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I wouldn't pay 20k for the car either.. that's why I don't have it right now :P

but consider that against buying a 500HP focus...how much would it cost to buy a used focus and wring 500HP out of it?

regardless of wether someone would buy it or not, I think that's a helluva lot of performance for a pretty reasonable cost. But definitely not something you dish out 20k for unless you're dead serious about the car.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Why would you want a 500HP civic or focus anyways??

I would rather have a 500HP "good" car.
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
crazikev,Apr 7 2006, 08:00 PM Wrote:Why would you want a 500HP civic or focus anyways??

[right][snapback]179654[/snapback][/right]

Because a 500HP "g00d" car, costs ahelluvalot! :ph34r:
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
darkpuppet,Apr 7 2006, 02:03 PM Wrote:But definitely not something you dish out 20k for unless you're dead serious about the car.
[right][snapback]179633[/snapback][/right]

and this makes both my point and dan's united. we agree to disagree.

FociPhil,Apr 7 2006, 03:06 PM Wrote:
crazikev,Apr 7 2006, 08:00 PM Wrote:Why would you want a 500HP civic or focus anyways??

[right][snapback]179654[/snapback][/right]

Because a 500HP "g00d" car, costs ahelluvalot! :ph34r:
[right][snapback]179656[/snapback][/right]
not if ya got a five finger discount :ph34r: .

Just don't try it in Texas, or you will get shot :lol:
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
I wonder if he is including the Satsuma City number plate with the car?
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
meford4u,Apr 7 2006, 12:51 PM Wrote:If you needed a fire protection system in your house, would you shop for one outside of your father's business?  I think not.

I would, I like to be an informed consumer.
'03 Focus SVT
FocusGuy7476,Apr 8 2006, 03:09 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Apr 7 2006, 12:51 PM Wrote:If you needed a fire protection system in your house, would you shop for one outside of your father's business?  I think not.

I would, I like to be an informed consumer.
[right][snapback]179889[/snapback][/right]
That comment was directed at tdot. His father owns a fire protection business.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video: Custom Ebay Turbo! PerfectSaiyan 2 1,373 01-04-2006, 02:58 AM
Last Post: 2001 ZTS