Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My New Toy(gps)
This is my new gps. I won't get lost anymore!!! I get lost in like 20 minutes from my house!!! I have a problem! lol

[Image: iWAY500c_34View_R3D.jpg]

Display <<
Color TFT touch-screen display
320H x 240V pixel resolution
5" (12.7 cm) diagonal display size
Super-bright, cold-cathode backlit screen
Sleek, blue LED backlit keypad
Superb readability even in bright sunlight
Navigation <<
Built-in, precision 12-parallel channel GPS+WAAS receiver
Simplified operation with 5 primary keys
Three selectable mapping displays: 2-D Track Up, 2-D North Up, and Elevated 3-D
Built-in, detailed and highly accurate NAVTEQÂ turn-by-turn database for the continental U.S. and Canada
Turn-by-turn audio and visual cues, including auto-zooming and automatic recalculation of directions after a missed turn
Street address searching, plus auto-routing choices to choose or avoid Toll Roads and Interstates, and avoid Left-Hand Turns
Mega-memory storage for up to 1,000 waypoints
Maps can be updated through the internal USB port with a PC
Safety Passenger Mode allows a passenger to use the GPS features while the car is in motion

Music Player <<
MP3 and Ogg Vorbis formats supported
Key music functions include: Browse Files, Play Lists, Repeat On/Off, Shuffle, Equalizer, Pause, Stop, Scan, Skip Forward, Skip Reverse, and Volume

Specs <<
20GB internal hard drive, with 10GB of storage dedicated to built-in, high-detail mapping and 10GB of storage reserved for MP3 music (can store up to 5,000 songs depending on compression rates and song lengths)
6.1"W x 4.5"H x 2.15"D (15.5cm x 11.55 cm x 5.45 cm)
Completely sealed to prevent internal corrosion
Full one-year warranty

Accessories Included<<
Speaker/cigarette power adapter with volume control and 1/8" stereo jack
Hardwire adapter with 1/8" stereo jack for wiring into car's stereo system
Suction-cup mounting bracket for windshield applications
USB to PC interface cable
110VAC to 12VDC power converter for in-home use (transferring music files, etc.)
iWAY™ 500C protective cover
Touch-screen cleaning cloth
Turbo arrived!
Nice! Are you planning on hard wiring the connection to the car's 12v, or just running off the plug?

Congrats on the new upgrade! I wish my M$ Streets and Trips GPS was a little easier to navigate with...

And if you do decide to add music to it's hdd, does it have an aux output so you can connect it to a fm transmitter or aux in on your deck at least?
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
euro_zx5,Apr 3 2006, 07:41 PM Wrote:Nice! Are you planning on hard wiring the connection to the car's 12v, or just running off the plug?

Congrats on the new upgrade! I wish my M$ Streets and Trips GPS was a little easier to navigate with...

And if you do decide to add music to it's hdd, does it have an aux output so you can connect it to a fm transmitter or aux in on your deck at least?
[right][snapback]178852[/snapback][/right]

Ya, if a put mp3 I can connect it to my aux on my deck and play them.
Turbo arrived!
Thats sweet. I'd love to put one in my car, I don't know if i'd get the use out of it to justify the expense.

That'd look pretty cool if you could mold it into the dash somehow.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Yeah when I was looking at GPS units one with a HD & MP3 playback was on my short list. I decided on mine (Garmin Quest) mainly because I'm a friggin' klutz and so anything with extra moving parts is a bad idea :lol:

NefCanuck
Dunno about this.. Nef had his on the cruise last fall, and still managed to get lost! hehe

focusonthis_88,Apr 3 2006, 07:22 PM Wrote:This is my new gps.  I won't get lost anymore!!!  I get lost in like 20 minutes from my house!!!  I have a problem! lol
[right][snapback]178843[/snapback][/right]
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
torradan,Apr 4 2006, 07:19 AM Wrote:Dunno about this.. Nef had his on the cruise last fall, and still managed to get lost! hehe

focusonthis_88,Apr 3 2006, 07:22 PM Wrote:This is my new gps.  I won't get lost anymore!!!  I get lost in like 20 minutes from my house!!!  I have a problem! lol
[right][snapback]178931[/snapback][/right]

Hey! That was cause we were following the written directions provided to us :rolleyes: If we had simply been given the addresses of the places at the start I could have had us there first (Allowing for route programming time of course :ph34r: )

Now mind you the route wouldn't been nearly as pretty as the one laid out for us so ;)

NefCanuck
focusonthis_88,Apr 3 2006, 05:22 PM Wrote:This is my new gps.  I won't get lost anymore!!!  I get lost in like 20 minutes from my house!!!  I have a problem! lol

[Image: iWAY500c_34View_R3D.jpg]

Display <<
Color TFT touch-screen display
320H x 240V pixel resolution
5" (12.7 cm) diagonal display size
Super-bright, cold-cathode backlit screen
Sleek, blue LED backlit keypad
Superb readability even in bright sunlight
Navigation <<
Built-in, precision 12-parallel channel GPS+WAAS receiver
Simplified operation with 5 primary keys
Three selectable mapping displays: 2-D Track Up, 2-D North Up, and Elevated 3-D
Built-in, detailed and highly accurate NAVTEQÂ turn-by-turn database for the continental U.S. and Canada
Turn-by-turn audio and visual cues, including auto-zooming and automatic recalculation of directions after a missed turn
Street address searching, plus auto-routing choices to choose or avoid Toll Roads and Interstates, and avoid Left-Hand Turns
Mega-memory storage for up to 1,000 waypoints
Maps can be updated through the internal USB port with a PC
Safety Passenger Mode allows a passenger to use the GPS features while the car is in motion

Music Player <<
MP3 and Ogg Vorbis formats supported
Key music functions include:  Browse Files, Play Lists, Repeat On/Off, Shuffle, Equalizer, Pause, Stop, Scan, Skip Forward, Skip Reverse, and Volume

Specs <<
20GB internal hard drive, with 10GB of storage dedicated to built-in, high-detail mapping and 10GB of storage reserved for MP3 music (can store up to 5,000 songs depending on compression rates and song lengths)
6.1"W x 4.5"H x 2.15"D (15.5cm x 11.55 cm x 5.45 cm)
Completely sealed to prevent internal corrosion
Full one-year warranty

Accessories Included<<
Speaker/cigarette power adapter with volume control and 1/8" stereo jack
Hardwire adapter with 1/8" stereo jack for wiring into car's stereo system 
Suction-cup mounting bracket for windshield applications
USB to PC interface cable
110VAC to 12VDC power converter for in-home use (transferring music files, etc.)
iWAY™ 500C protective cover
Touch-screen cleaning cloth
What is the cost on that little baby.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Phantom,Apr 4 2006, 11:28 AM Wrote:What is the cost on that little baby.

Well, I work for a performance shop and we can get audio...the retail is 1150$ Didn't come close to that price!
Turbo arrived!
Can I have some money? ya big baller :P :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Apr 4 2006, 11:45 AM Wrote:Can I have some money? ya big baller  :P  :lol:
[right][snapback]178958[/snapback][/right]

I would rather have a house then spend money on my car but I can't afford a house so...I put money in the car instead! :lol: :lol:
Turbo arrived!
well, you would have money for a house... if you stopped spending it on the car!! :lol:

Nice pick up BTW.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
where ya gonna mount it. Looks kinda bulky
focusonthis_88,Apr 4 2006, 09:33 AM Wrote:
Phantom,Apr 4 2006, 11:28 AM Wrote:What is the cost on that little baby.

Well, I work for a performance shop and we can get audio...the retail is 1150$ Didn't come close to that price!
[right][snapback]178952[/snapback][/right]
At 1150 I can do my carputer with my features :D
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
euro_zx5,Apr 3 2006, 11:41 PM Wrote:Nice! Are you planning on hard wiring the connection to the car's 12v, or just running off the plug?

[right][snapback]178852[/snapback][/right]

what version of MS S&T do you have? 2006 is really nice and talks to you now! something I always missed in 2005 :(
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending