Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scr Does V8 Focus
was just watching speed this morning, Sport Car Revolution was doing a V8 Focus.

SCR V8 Focus

and holy cow, are they ever cutting the bejesus out of the car to make room for the engine.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

i heard about this project a couple weeks back .. sounds like its gonna be one wicked car

what episode are they on now?
Below Average Car Club
Looks to be a good episode... just that their comments on the car don't look too appealing.

Quote:Sean Hyland takes us from mild to wild as he and his crew convert this 'pathetic' Ford Focus into a serious tire burning street/track performer.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
:1repost:

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...=16021&hl=speed

:) I guess that counts as a repost no? how far are they on the project so far last I saw they were gutting it and ripping apart the rear
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
nass,Mar 25 2006, 11:45 AM Wrote::1repost:

:) I guess that counts as a repost no?  how far are they on the project so far last I saw they were gutting it and ripping apart the rear
[right][snapback]176886[/snapback][/right]

it would be a repost if the post was about it. :P

anyhoo... the episode I caught, they were ripping the car appart, and cutting out the firewall to fit in a 425HP crate motor.

but the thing with the V8 conversion that bothers me the most is that you're hanging a HUGE amount of weight ahead of the front wheels, and replacing the independent suspension with a solid rear axle. Sure the car is fast, but can it really be a good handler?

darkpuppet,Mar 25 2006, 01:44 PM Wrote:
nass,Mar 25 2006, 11:45 AM Wrote::1repost:

:) I guess that counts as a repost no?  how far are they on the project so far last I saw they were gutting it and ripping apart the rear
[right][snapback]176886[/snapback][/right]

it would be a repost if the post was about it. :P

anyhoo... the episode I caught, they were ripping the car appart, and cutting out the firewall to fit in a 425HP crate motor.

but the thing with the V8 conversion that bothers me the most is that you're hanging a HUGE amount of weight ahead of the front wheels, and replacing the independent suspension with a solid rear axle. Sure the car is fast, but can it really be a good handler?
[right][snapback]176890[/snapback][/right]

People who want a focus to run like a mustang generally don;t care if it handles like one either.:rolleyes:
darkpuppet,Mar 25 2006, 12:44 PM Wrote:Sure the car is fast, but can it really be a good handler?
[right][snapback]176890[/snapback][/right]
Handling is secondary when you have a 5 block headstart to slow down and turn. ;)
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Actually you are putting less weight in front of the tires than you think. The entire engine/trans ass'y in a FWD Focus is on or ahead of the tires. With a V-8 you'd be putting half the engine and all the trans/bellhousing/clutch etc behind the front wheels. A small block ford with cast iron heads only weighs about 450 lbs. put on some aluminum heads and intake and you cut 50 lbs off that easily.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
ANTHONYD,Mar 25 2006, 01:00 PM Wrote:People who want a focus to run like a mustang generally don;t care if it handles like one either.:rolleyes:
[right][snapback]176891[/snapback][/right]

A pre '05 Mustang handles? :rolleyes: :rofl:

NefCanuck

(Still remembers seeing a Mustang swap ends trying to negotiate a turn that the car following it aced with no issues <_< )

bluetoy,Mar 25 2006, 07:15 PM Wrote:Actually you are putting less weight in front of the tires than you think. The entire engine/trans ass'y in a FWD Focus is on or ahead of the tires. With a V-8 you'd be putting half the engine and all the trans/bellhousing/clutch etc behind the front wheels. A small block ford with cast iron heads only weighs about 450 lbs. put on some aluminum heads and intake and you cut 50 lbs off that easily.
[right][snapback]176941[/snapback][/right]

true I guess... considering how much firewall they cut out to make it fit, I'd say half the engine is in the middle of the car...

darkpuppet,Mar 26 2006, 12:00 PM Wrote:
bluetoy,Mar 25 2006, 07:15 PM Wrote:Actually you are putting less weight in front of the tires than you think. The entire engine/trans ass'y in a FWD Focus is on or ahead of the tires. With a V-8 you'd be putting half the engine and all the trans/bellhousing/clutch etc behind the front wheels. A small block ford with cast iron heads only weighs about 450 lbs. put on some aluminum heads and intake and you cut 50 lbs off that easily.
[right][snapback]176941[/snapback][/right]

true I guess... considering how much firewall they cut out to make it fit, I'd say half the engine is in the middle of the car...
[right][snapback]177034[/snapback][/right]

Don't know why they're doing that. You don't have to cut any firewall. Hardly any tranny tunnel changes either. Must be going very radical.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
yeah, they were putting in a 400+ HP engine (can't remember exact numbers), so I'm thinking it's slightly larger than the 302 that Kugel mentions on their website.

to say that someone is throwing down a lot of money for this conversion would be an understatement.

It'll be cool to see what the finally product looks like.

Altho if i were gonna do it, i'd be putting wheel tubs out back to put bigger tires on.

Would definately make for a fun 1/4 mile car.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

I'm doing my zx3 up to be a sleeper, I don't really care for an all out 1/4 mi car but something that will be scary if you stomp on it. I like the idea of keeping my back seat. My main concern is the fuel tank which is pretty specific due to only having limited space to put plus having a cell in a car is waiting for cops to nail me. I am going to a chassis shop to get a fuel tank built so it can hook up to my existing filler neck. I am not sure how many liters i'll be able to put in the tank but I'm hoping 50+ can be possible since I plan to use this car as its real function as a car. I am not into garage queens, cars have wheels they are meant to be driven.

[Image: FocusCanadaAvatar.jpg]