Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If You Bought Tim Horton's Shares Today..
ok ....just so I got this straight....you posted 270k for stocks...

I am never one to judge if someone has money or not but dude that is a huge amount of disposable/accesable money...

one would wonder why someone works if someone can affoerd to lose that kind of money "gambling"....I wont even speak to the fact you did not tell your wife you posted ......"a quarter of a million dollars "

CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
dad,Mar 24 2006, 05:29 PM Wrote:ok ....just so I got this straight....you posted 270k for stocks...

I am never one to judge if someone has money or not but dude that is a huge amount of disposable/accesable money...

one would wonder why someone works if someone can affoerd to lose that kind of money "gambling"....I wont even speak to the fact you did not tell your wife you posted ......"a quarter of a million dollars "

[right][snapback]176818[/snapback][/right]
I couldn't afford to lose it and backsided myself. It wasn't all my doing, as my father has been investing in the stock market for many years. He was my inside track through his investment club that we purchased the stock together. I think he bought 30,000 shares.
I had to do some fancy footwork to be able to get the shares hoping it might pay off. Yes it was a gamble. But it was a gamble that my ultra conservative father put his approval to and was willing to help me out if I tanked. Lucky for me. Yes.
But life for me is at times about taking a risk. Those who know, know that taking a risk is what made them so successful if their life.
Now everyone keep this quiet from my wife as she doesn't know I mortgaged the crap out of the house to get this and I want to get her a nice 10 year anniversary gift next year.
All quiet plzzzzzzze
And you might think that not telling my wife is an issue, but we'll just leave that to me and her and the fact she's getting a nice gift from it.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
now put some money in burger king when it goes public in the comming month .. you could have your new car paid for aswell
Below Average Car Club
way to go medford

I like beer
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Medford...
classic
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
yea....I meant no disrespect if that is how my comments read....I just have unbeleivable distrust in stocks. I have and do make some very aggressive moves in real estate and the gambles always pay...some moer than others ..but they pay. With real estate if your buying correctly (as with stock ) your investment is to some extent protected by something you can walk up and touch and call your own....not so much with stock...

some have said that the deals I have seen with the people I have done them with are a risk.....But I have some control over that risk....stocks are to "hands off " for me.

anyway....cool for you...
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
I've lost more than I have gained over the years playing the stock market. Always trying to make a quick buck.

Until now.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Mar 25 2006, 01:17 PM Wrote:I've lost more than I have gained over the years playing the stock market.  Always trying to make a quick buck.

Until now.
[right][snapback]176869[/snapback][/right]

wow good move getting in on this IPO :) so does this mean when you have your house party you're providing the keg??

***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bought My Alltime Dream Car Today! *pics Added* 01-yellow-ZX3 41 18,880 04-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Last Post: 01-yellow-ZX3