Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Short Ram Heat Sheld
Let me know what you guys think... This took me 25 mins to make.

[Image: IMG_0069.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0071.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0067.jpg]

Dirty engine bay due to Winter, and Lazyness.
Chromey,Dec 14 2005, 05:51 PM Wrote:Let me know what you guys think... This took me 25 mins to make.[right][snapback]160972[/snapback][/right]
Honestly? Nice effort, but where exactly is it drawing cold air from?

The Steeda Short Ram for the Duratecs shields the filter intake from engine heat but draws the air from beside the driver's side headlight.

I mean, it looks ok, but I'm not sure what kind of "heat shield" benefit you'd get from a clear peice of plexiglass in that position. Unless I'm missing something.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
No thier is No Cold air as of Yet.. I need to hit the Hardware store for some Hose.

It will be drawing cold air from behind the driver side as soon as its done.
i'd use a piece of rubber hose or something similar instead of that wire loom s**t .. would make it look alot better
Below Average Car Club
Good idea Shade, Will do that tonight.
When it's over that far, a heat shield isn't necessary from what I've seen / felt.

Either it's cool enough or the ambient's so damn hot you suffer and bog anyways.

Actually, you're not right up to the fender. Why not just move it over some more?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
the section you see open by the Fender Is for the Cool air attachment im making.

After switching from a CAI To this set up, Ive notice alot of power loss, So i making this up for the winter. Cant wait for summer again... Want the CAI back on.
good work, it turned out really nice :)
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
Shorty intakes are pointless. You want coild air, get a CAI.

But I can see why you would switch to this setup for winter.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Jan 11 2006, 09:11 AM Wrote:Shorty intakes are pointless. .
[right][snapback]164483[/snapback][/right]
If you saw the 8' of piping that the 2.3L has to breathe through you would disagree.

I've got the Steeda, for the 2HP (less) difference, I'll live with it in exchange for piece of mind.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*