Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obx-r Header And Down Pipe Pics
Not looking forward to the install Now that ive been told how hard it is.

[Image: header3.jpg]

[Image: Header2.jpg]

[Image: Header.jpg]

[Image: Downpipe2.jpg]

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b164/Chr...87/Downpipe.jpg

[Image: Downpipe3.jpg]
Pm Dblast.

He might have some tips for you.
what kinda reviews dose this product have i have seen some of thease on e-bay for a preaty good deal and was thinking about picking up some when winter is over ? what are your thoughts?

also i've noticed two different types the ones that u have ( bull horn shaped) and the other ones that go straight down 4-2-1 style what are the benifits of the different types

thanks
2003 Zx3 French Blue
_JC_,Nov 1 2005, 09:55 PM Wrote:also i've noticed two different  types the ones that  u have  ( bull horn shaped)  and the  other ones that go straight down  4-2-1 style what are the benifits  of the different types

I think the bullhorn one has a fake looking catalytic so you won't get bothered by the cops should they do a quick check. I personally don't like this header (ram style/stock style) simply because the whole reason I got mine was to move heat down and away from the top of the engine where my intake is. The flow rates of the racing header should be better.

Also the race header type is ALLOT easier to re-install than the regular style header,since all the bolts are easily accessable.
Race header is the Way to go if you have the Extra cash to add a Cat in your system.

If your on a budget and know how to use thermal wrap... Shorty all the way.
The "bull horn" is the shorty header. Looks much like what your stock exhaust header looks like just larger piping.

if you move to the 4-2-1, like a focussport race header, this eliminates both the "bull horns" and your stock cat pipe all in one shoot, exhaust is dumped right down to your flex.

Not sure of the benefits of either one, but I know my focussport raceheader is mega ass loud.
Run your car, not your mouth
yeah if you're going the race header ( 4-2-1 ) prepare to possibly buy a new muffler/resonator mine blew out on me and now I sound like a honda :(
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending