Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headlight Recommendations
I'm going to seriously consider the ST170s. I've seen the Hellas, and for the cost of them they don't seem worth it. To me, anyways.

But right now nothing else big gets done till after Christmas.

I had a decent drive back with those Eurolite H4s Tuesday night at around 8PM. They aren't quite as bright as the Silverstars, but they're brighter than the stockers.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
well the other option is 98 - 01 Stock euro lights, they are the same as our light but hhave the city light function, and have the light adjusters in them. Keep in mind they look totally stock.

I have one on my driver's side with a yellow city light ( not hooked up yet ) and I really like the light output from it not to mention they give off brighter glow with the high beams on then the stock american versions.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Whatever I do, I'm leaving the DRLs through the foglights. I take it that's what the city light is for? :huh:

I don't mind stock-looking headlights, but if I go with something that's going to cost a decent amount of cash... the 98-01 Euros might not be enough vs. the ST170s.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 21 2005, 08:06 AM Wrote:I don't mind stock-looking headlights, but if I go with something that's going to cost a decent amount of cash... the 98-01 Euros might not be enough vs. the ST170s.
[right][snapback]150650[/snapback][/right]

I agree with you there, if you're going to spend money buying new headlights you might as well get something different. No real point in paying big bucks to buy headlights that are essentially the same as the ones you have..

And the city light is usually a 194 or W5W sized peanut bulb, I dont think they'd be bright enough to have as your DRLs.