Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowering Question
I have a few years of lowered car winter driving (before the Focus I had a '88 MR2 - pretty low) and this is what I found: If you have a lowered car, you won't likely go anywhere with deep snow to get you stuck in.

I really believe in snow tires, not all seasons, so that might be part of it too. I've been stuck many times in a E-150 van, simply because with more clearance, more weight, and big deep-treaded tires you think you can go anywhere - wrong.

skippy,Oct 7 2005, 10:12 AM Wrote:I have a few years of lowered car winter driving (before the Focus I had a '88 MR2 - pretty low) and this is what I found: If you have a lowered car, you won't likely go anywhere with deep snow to get you stuck in.

I really believe in snow tires, not all seasons, so that might be part of it too. I've been stuck many times in a E-150 van, simply because with more clearance, more weight, and big deep-treaded tires you think you can go anywhere - wrong.
[right][snapback]147354[/snapback][/right]

Just figured that out huh?

"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
2 years of winter driving here and other then the ocassional ice blob on the roads I never had an issue with snow, or getting stuck, and I had regular all seasons on my car.

Although I found since I moved to the new house, the city take 3 days or more to come along and plow my street. I found with the Xenon Kit on the front end it more or less helped getting up and down my street, not to mention raming the snow plow drift at really low speeds at the end of the street just to get out onto the main roads.

Again I have to stress with a 1.5" drop on my car, it was ok untill the snow gets to the rocker pannel then it's too deep for the car.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I'd look at getting the SHM/Multimatic suspension....it doesn't slam the car (unless that's what you want), thereby letting you drive the car all year, and still being totally streetable...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
If you want to go low I suggest you get some grippy winter rubber. It will help you get through the deep stuff. U don't really have to worry about damage unless you plan on ramming granular ice drifts. I have a kaminari lip which runs about 12" from the road.
i have 1.6" drop all around and i have had no problems thus far with my focus
Life's good... Hockey's better