Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Dad's New Toy
My dads other car, a 92 Mercury Topas GS, 2dr V6 5spd, had it's right rear inner fender and shock tower decide to break apart/start to separate itself from the outer part of the car, and he had to find another car to get him back and forth to work, and do so in a hurry. He had thought about getting just a beater, until a co-worker of his at Stelco found the ad for this car in a newspaper and showed it to my dad. Sure beats the heck out of a beater, and yes, it's faster than a Focus too...lots of torque down low...

[Image: Picture020.jpg]

Car is a 93, V6, 5spd, working AC, working cruise, original paint, flawless interior, sunroof, power door locks and only had 111,000 km's on it when he bought it a week ago...smokin' deal if you ask me, and he's transffering the suspension and stereo from his 92 Topaz to this one. He's going to start parting out his 92 Topaz, and figured I'd mention that in case someone needs parts for one...including a full 92 XR5 interior...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
I dunno how I feel about the 2 dr Topaz. I liked the shape on my sedan more.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
my cousin has got the V6 one, its been a very good car
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
Apparently you can do some seriously STUPID things with those motors, and they laugh at it. All I know is the 88 Tempo I had years ago was a steaming pile. Hopefully that one is good to your dad :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I figured most of these cars would be history by now? :blink:
Looks in excellent shape, and clean too for a '93
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
You know the "junkers" probably won't be in the shop as much as the focus.......its the sad truth......
hardk0re,Oct 12 2005, 10:53 AM Wrote:You know the "junkers" probably won't be in the shop as much as the focus.......its the sad truth......
[right][snapback]148313[/snapback][/right]

Focus is going in the shop to have some noise looked at.

The Justy is going ot the same shop to get its e-test done. Justy has been to the shop for a safety, and 2 e-tests. :rolleyes: I've owned it....going on 3 years now..

You wanna know how much the focus goes to the shop in 3 years? :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
my first 5 months owning my red zx3 = shop 17 times

We've had the acclaim since 95000km...

its been in the shop 5~6 times

05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 12 2005, 08:28 AM Wrote:Apparently you can do some seriously STUPID things with those motors, and they laugh at it. All I know is the 88 Tempo I had years ago was a steaming pile. Hopefully that one is good to your dad :)
[right][snapback]148279[/snapback][/right]

Considering that the V6 is the "Vulcan" that was in the Taurus for all those years, it doesn't surprise me.

Co-worker had a V6 two door Tempo. Thing was scary fast, hated driving with her, she seemed to find 120km/h+ as her "crusing" speed :o She thought it was fine, to me it felt like the car was in prep for liftoff...

NefCanuck
I'm not suprised he got another Tempo / Topaz though, I had 3 of them one right after the other because I found it so cheap to repair, and maintain. Not to mention completely disposible when the time came.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Let the lesson be, to all the "mint" Focuses out there cowering in garages all winter, that it may be mint 12 years later but it is still only worth $1500.

2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I had a '93 Topaz 4dr V6 5speed that had about 250,000 km on it when I traded it in. The only reason I did it at the time was because the first major thing, the A/C compressor, went in the middle of July in '99 when she was 9 mos pregnant.

The thing was cheap on gas and was a rocket (in a straight line), I wish I never sold it in retrospect.

TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Drivesthebeast,Oct 11 2005, 10:32 PM Wrote:My dads other car, a 92 Mercury Topas GS, 2dr V6 5spd, had it's right rear inner fender and shock tower decide to break apart/start to separate itself from the outer part of the car, and he had to find another car to get him back and forth to work, and do so in a hurry.  He had thought about getting just a beater, until a co-worker of his at Stelco found the ad for this car in a newspaper and showed it to my dad.  Sure beats the heck out of a beater, and yes, it's faster than a Focus too...lots of torque down low...

[Image: Picture020.jpg]

Car is a 93, V6, 5spd, working AC, working cruise, original paint, flawless interior, sunroof, power door locks and only had 111,000 km's on it when he bought it a week ago...smokin' deal if you ask me, and he's transffering the suspension and stereo from his 92 Topaz to this one.  He's going to start parting out his 92 Topaz, and figured I'd mention that in case someone needs parts for one...including a full 92 XR5 interior...
[right][snapback]148211[/snapback][/right]

I heard the story on tempo/topaz, it's a nice car he posted it a few days back. Damn good shape for 93, better then our 93 here at home :D B)

Id love a 2 door tempo and mod the hell out if it :)
My Mom Says I'm Special
There goes Kool_ZX3 quoting an enitre post again.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,Oct 13 2005, 01:45 PM Wrote:There goes Kool_ZX3 quoting an enitre post again.
[right][snapback]148758[/snapback][/right]

not like any mods *cough* AnthonyD *cough* dont do the same. ;)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
how many kms on that motor??? the 92 topaz motor i mean
Tempo/Topaz built in Oakville. I wonder how many 2000 Focus's will be around in 2012?
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
The one in the picture was built in the Kansas City Plant....not in in Canada or Michigan...that's why the interior is a different shade of tan we've never seen in one, as well as the fit and the finish of the car seems pretty nice for a Topaz. We had a 96 Contour SE with a V6 and 5spd...it was also from the Kansas City plant...had different leather, and even the stitching was different than ones we've seen here...

All in all, the car is in awesome shape...just need to transffer the aftermarket suspension and stereo from the grey one now for it to be nicer...