Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here We Go Again...
Now that this farce of a government has been thankfully put out of our misery, I think it's time we all took a long hard look at what twelve years of Liberal rule has accomplished...

Frankly the Liberals list of positive accomplishments could barely fill a 3x5 index card <_< and for people who say the Liberals are good managers of the economy, newsflash, the Canadian government has about as much effect on the economy as pissing in the ocean does. The global economy has long since taken away any and all meaningful power to influence the economy that the Canadian government once had... Right now what's keeping the Canadian economy afloat is our resources, if say the price of oil drops to $10 a barrel tommorow? Hello recession :(

Meanwhile the Liberal list of scandals, screw ups and outright LIES could create a new "Red Book" that would be far more useful (Not to mention truthful) than any of the Liberals previous efforts (Which were for the most part cribbed from the platforms of the other parties as they saw fit <_< )

The NDP? Oh sure, vote for "Smilin' Jack Layton" the man who's willing to whore out his principles at the turn of a dime to try and ensure that his pet causes get airplay and then get all indignant like about "Liberal corruption" Sorry Jack, but I've watched you perform on both thr municipal stage and the federal stage, same crap, different stage you double dealing :censored2:

To be brutally honest picking the Conservatives is kind of like deciding to be killed by lethal injection vs. electricution but damnit are we supposed to just sit back and reward 12 years of Liberal sleaze? Ask yourself that if nothing else...

The Liberals frankly remind me of the abusive spouse who after smacking their partner around mercelessly tries to woo them back with the tears and the "I'll change, just gimmie a chance" softshoe but damnit enough is ENOUGH!

This'll be a fun election :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
vote for bush he'll fix it right
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
added a poll for the hell of it.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Cool, thanks man :D

Daniel, I hear you man, but I disagree on the notion that the feds have very little control over the economy. True, they have no real deal when it comes to influencing the direct D2D of the markets, but they do set the undertones as regards the climate of business in this country.

Right now, we're technically suffering a tad as the Wacko Jacko dollar is weak against ours (relatively) and the bible thumpers are getting less bang for their buck. Still, our tax rates could be worse and there are enough tax incentives to keep Canada competitive on the whole. We're leading the G8 inquality of life for a number of reasons.

Our personal tax rates could be lower, and given the nice surplus they've been finding for the last 5-6 years, it should be adjusted sooner rather than later. We don't need to finish paying off all the long-term debt NOW. It will have less significance on our economy (paying all the debt off now) than it would to lower our income tax rates. Lowering our personal tax rates gives us more disposable income, and while that might be a warning flag to inflation a quick dose of a prime rate bump would fix that.

I'd it isn't up to the governments to influence the economy directly so much as it is for them to do the "behind the scenes" work that makes Canada such a great place to work, live and play.

Now, I'm only one guy with his own story to tell, but given how things are going right now (gun registry and sponsorshipm scandal notwithstanding), I'm rather pleased.

We stayed the hell out of Iraq, we said no to the dumbest missle defence idea yet (while still maintaining the much more important and useful NORAD system), and we're slowly getting better on illegal immigration and terrorists "charities".

I don't know about you, but better the devil I know than the devil I don't. I'll be voting Liberal.

Keep it going guys :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
darkpuppet,Nov 29 2005, 12:01 PM Wrote:The liberals should be punished for their two faced lying dealings.  The problem is I don't see any liberals trying to change the party for the better, sticking with the company line doesn't make you any less corrupt even if you're not the one handing hte money to your friends personally.

So they should be punished, and know that you can't just get away with this crap.

And when the PC do the same, they should be punished just the same.  The only thing I don't want is NDP in power.... but that's not becuase they're corrupt, they're just clueless.
[right][snapback]158270[/snapback][/right]
Couldn't say it any better! And anyone who votes for Belyda Stinkass as a liberal is the real butthead.
And I'm still shouting 'Jane Stewart, show me the money' from over 5 years ago!
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
As I said before.... The Green Party will have a suprising amount of votes.... Mark my word.
Truth be told Anthony, if the Green Party was actually worth keeping in office, I'd vote for them too. We need more incentives and rebates / grants available to homeowners who want to really "go green".

Also, we need some serious incentives for businesses to do the same. No one will embrace a new, more costly technology and pull the funding right out of their stock price or bottom line. That doesn't make fiscal sense, and that's why it's not happening.

Sadly, the Green Party would be about as bad as the Tories right now.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
ANTHONYD,Nov 30 2005, 11:00 AM Wrote:As I said before.... The Green Party will have a suprising amount of votes.... Mark my word.
[right][snapback]158529[/snapback][/right]

...and if we had "Rep by pop" Anthony (Number of seats as a percentage of all ballots cast) then the Greens would be "The New NDP" IMO.

Unfortunately we're stuck with the "most votes per riding gets the seat" a system that ends up "wasting" votes as in some ridings the candidate wins by a landslide in one seat and another candidate from the same party ends up narrowly losing in another because of how the population is spread out & voting patterns.

Frankly Rep by Pop may result in more minority governments, but at least they will be forced to work together to govern the country, which IMO is the main reason we elect these people <_<

NefCanuck
I'd be curious to find out the % of people here who actually vote regularly and out of the hundreds(?) of people here how many actually belong to any political party?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I used to belong to the Liberals, back when I lived in Toronto. I started out as a youth member at 15, stayed on for a few years, and then left at 19 or so when I just ran out of time.

Also, I lost a lot of faith in politics when a family friend who happened to be the MP for our riding (John Nunziata) lost his party affiliation for voting against and speaking out against Liberal stances and policies he didn't agree with. He served one more term as an independent (remarkable eh?) but then he grew too disenchanted with politics and hung up the gloves as well.

I haven't spoken with him for years, since he ran for Mayor of the Big Smoke.

Now, I make a point of voting in the local MP whose views I believe mesh best with what I personally believe to be best for our riding. Last time around that was Anthony Rota, and this time around it will be Mr. Rota again.

2001 ZTS,Nov 30 2005, 12:32 PM Wrote:I'd be curious to find out the % of people here who actually vote regularly and out of the hundreds(?) of people here how many actually belong to any political party?
[right][snapback]158549[/snapback][/right]

I can tell you that I've voted in every election (Fed/Prov/Municipal) since I was old enough to do so. I've always believed that in order to complain about politicans you have to exercise your democratic rights :P

Never joined a party though, been invited to do so, never felt that I fit into that group of people...

NefCanuck