Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tearing It Apart, And Giving The Car Eyelids
do the coloured match grill, it will clean up the front end a lot more.

you have 4 colours on there, silver, chrome, blue light, and ford logo. take out the chrome and you can have killer exterior colour theme going.
'03 Focus SVT
I'm kinda in agreement there about painting the useless looking crome grille, I mean honestly, a Crome Grille has no point on a silver car.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
A chrome grille has no point or purpose on a Focus, period. That's a sweet little mod, man. Props for such a well-done job :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 13 2005, 09:13 AM Wrote:A chrome grille has no point or purpose on a Focus, period. That's a sweet little mod, man. Props for such a well-done job :D
[right][snapback]148673[/snapback][/right]
Actually I like the chrome grill. It seperates the look of the car. Ford did it for a reason.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Paint the grille insert flat black...will look good...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 13 2005, 11:13 AM Wrote:A chrome grille has no point or purpose on a Focus, period. That's a sweet little mod, man. Props for such a well-done job :D
[right][snapback]148673[/snapback][/right]

Meh, I dunno, I like the chrome grille on my beastie, taken with the new rims I think it sets off the red nicely myself....

NefCanuck
Our cars are done up quite differently. I'd have to see your car again to properly appreciate the bling.

I know chrome would look disastrous on a 1st-gen Focus. Mine before the darkening mods, anyways.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 17 2005, 03:52 PM Wrote:Our cars are done up quite differently. I'd have to see your car again to properly appreciate the bling.

I know chrome would look disastrous on a 1st-gen Focus. Mine before the darkening mods, anyways.
[right][snapback]149664[/snapback][/right]

Tell that to 2001 ZTS. :lol:
[Image: IM000021cropped.jpg]

Hmmmm....... 1st gen Focuses with chrome grills, lets see: mine, meford, that yellow ZX3 6 cyclinder out in BC, how ever many Focus RS there are in Europe a few other beauties.

Better than looing like part the local rental car fleet.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
But it's not Bentley'ish chrome, so it works. It looks more like polished stainless or something to that effect.

And as for the local rental fleet... if I could swap in the SVT grilles and tint the signals, I would.