Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obx...?
Is OBX any good as far as focus parts goes?
depends who you ask.
If you ask me, NO
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Jun 4 2005, 10:38 PM Wrote:depends who you ask.
If you ask me, NO
[right][snapback]112682[/snapback][/right]

why do you say that?
previous experience?
no, none. But my opinion is don't buy the cheap stuff. It can fail. It might not, but it can.

And who needs that headache.

Save for the good stuff.

what if it came with a warranty... would you buy it then?
what kind of hastle would it be, say for instance, if you bought an OBX header, installed it, and a stress/weld crack appeared?
Take it off, send it back, wait for new one, put it on.

Hope for the best.

Warranty aint worth a damn if the product sucks.

thats true
there seems to be a few people on here who have obx headers, has anybody had any probs with them?... or just obx products in general?
There honestly isnt anything wrong with OBX. I got a FS header and Jarrod has an OBX LOL. There were more fitment issues with the FS then anything.

Even those SS autochrome ppl bash. There so dam cheap. Take the thing to a muffler shop or welder and have then redo all the welds and bam. Header is good and you still paid less.

How ever some ppl like brand name. Like myself. I gotta have brand name or im no happy.

Pipe is pipe. metal is metal etc etc
well i have had no problems with my OBX header...so think what you want as far as I am concerned its all in the head.....its performs and fits the exact same as Jays(zx3tunr) FS header did ..I am very happy with it :D
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
I'm with Fuktitty-fuktard on this one.

Save for the good stuff. There is a reason why it costs a little more. You get what you payfor.
I got OBX clear bumper lenses and they look good and dont leak but, the stock socket/bulb doesnt even come close to fitting in the lenses housing securely...
ANTHONYD,Jun 5 2005, 10:52 AM Wrote:There is a reason why it costs a little more.
[right][snapback]112717[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, it's called marketing and profit margins! :D
Black Focus SE Sport 2000
Night Shaded tailights and corners - Euro Glass Fog lights - Motegi MR7 17" - Toyo Proxies FZ4 - Brembo cross drilled - Hawk Performance pads.
ANTHONYD,Jun 5 2005, 10:52 AM Wrote:I'm with Fuktitty-fuktard on this one.

Save for the good stuff. There is a reason why it costs a little more. You get what you payfor.

I like my new name. When the boys get around to figuring out that being a cheap fuktard is not the way to go, then manhood will be right around the corner.

meford4u,Jun 5 2005, 11:43 AM Wrote:... When the boys get around to figuring out that being a cheap fuktard is not the way to go, then manhood will be right around the corner...
[right][snapback]112744[/snapback][/right]

DOH! :angry:
meford4u,Jun 4 2005, 11:45 PM Wrote:no, none.  But my opinion is don't buy the cheap stuff.  It can fail.  It might not, but it can.

And who needs that headache.

Save for the good stuff.
[right][snapback]112684[/snapback][/right]

i'm talking about the race header now, even the Focussport header fails, mine rusted (because the coating came off) and then i switched to the OBX race header, quality was amazing, i like it more than the Focussport one. On top of that I can buy 2.5 OBX race header for the price of 1 Focussport race header, so u can do the math.

you can say that u like brand name stuff but just want to let u know even brand name stuff fails.

and talk about warranty, Focussport refused to do the warranty for me when my FS header rusted, they told me is normal for high temp. use and just taught me how to fix it, so just to let u know every company avoids as much warranty job as they can.

ANTHONYD,Jun 5 2005, 06:52 AM Wrote:I'm with Fuktitty-fuktard on this one.

The reason why FS or FC cost more compared to the OBX was the place they make their stuff. FS and FC stuff were made in the states (i assume) where the cost of salary, land, rent, etc. are much much higher than the factory of OBX (in asia, china/tiwan or somewhere else i forgot)
think about it, there's no minimum salary rate in china and i know that Macdonalds there pay the entry workers for around $2 CDN per hour or even less depending on which states. while we had a minimum rate of $7.15 CDN here, which is 3.5 times higher.
on top of that, OBX copied the FC header so there's no cost of designing the header.

so, think about it, OBX racing is actually a world wide company and FC or FS are just some small company in the states that specialized in Focus stuff. I know that FS is also Eurosport which specialized in modding VWs but it is still not as big as OBX racing. Think about it, nowadays, many companies moved their factory to China to cut down the cost and hence becoming more competitive in the world. FC or FS didn't do it because, i assume, they don't have that much customer background to support them in doing it since they are more of a specilized tuning company rather than a company like H&R or DC sports.

Marketing wise, OBX and FS are just in the different catagory, u really can't say which one is better. Or which one is being cheap stuff.

just my 2 cents. and sorry about my bad english.
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
I would say OBX is not "you get what you pay for" but " best bang for the buck"
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
I wouldn't recommend FC or FS so your argument doesn't go very far with me.

Mitch and i have already argued this point to death. So I won't beat a dead horse any longer.

If I were in the position of buying a header, i would look at JBA or the 4-2-1 header from..................the name escapes me.

I have the OBX adjustable cam gears and they look and perform awesome!!! As for OBX components I have only heard about problems with the welds. And just to mention I got my Gears on Ebay!! hehehe!!
Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
ZX3guy2000,Jun 6 2005, 12:26 PM Wrote:I have the OBX adjustable cam gears and they look and perform awesome!!!  As for OBX components I have only heard about problems with the welds.  And just to mention I got my Gears on Ebay!! hehehe!!
[right][snapback]112917[/snapback][/right]

i never heard any welding problems so far for the race header of the focus~~~ :)
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3