Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More And More And More Toyz
[Image: DSC00059.jpg]
[Image: DSC00060.jpg]
[Image: INTAKE.jpg]
isn't that a cosworth pipe???? :P

j/k so I assume a turbo is in the worx , thats only one toy?
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
[Image: DSC00062.jpg]
[Image: DSC00063.jpg]
[Image: DSC00064.jpg]

well it's coming together

not much longer
Fu cking hell.

I can't wait to see this frankenstein in person!!!!

You should come out to the BBQ Dean.
Can't wait to see it all complete and see what kind of #'s you'll get on the dyno. Luv it!
Uh, are you trying to use a CAI pipe as an intercooler pipe? :lol:

That Fuel Rail is a piece of junk, where'd you get it? Do you ask if they tested for any reversion? :unsure: But it sure is shiny!

Nice fuel gauge, can you see that when you're driving? :huh:

Hey! Thats what I used for my intercooler pipe....part of the CAI piping.

worked out really well actually. Better than spending 3 hours welding a new one!!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,May 11 2005, 08:23 PM Wrote:Hey!  Thats what I used for my intercooler pipe....part of the CAI piping.

worked out really well actually.  Better than spending 3 hours welding a new one!!
[right][snapback]108255[/snapback][/right]

It's not that bad, except for the fact it's excessively big, and doesn't have beaded ends to hold a hose. It's actually kinda smart if you can make it work and don't need to make one.

It's just funny, cause the way he presents himself like he's the king, and his tubing is kinda ghetto...
P-51,May 11 2005, 10: Wrote:
Flofocus,May 11 2005, 08:23 PM Wrote:Hey!  Thats what I used for my intercooler pipe....part of the CAI piping.

worked out really well actually.  Better than spending 3 hours welding a new one!!

It's not that bad, except for the fact it's excessively big, and doesn't have beaded ends to hold a hose. It's actually kinda smart if you can make it work and don't need to make one.

It's just funny, cause the way he presents himself like he's the king, and his tubing is kinda ghetto...
[right][snapback]108350[/snapback][/right]

Cool cool Rob....

Why do you say its a little big? I'm just wondering that is all.

When I was looking into boosting the car, I read on FJ a lot of people running 2.5 from the TB to the intercooler. The rest of my piping is 2" BTW.

You need to post here more often man, screw FJ :lol: ;)

Flofocus,May 12 2005, 12:53 PM Wrote:
P-51,May 11 2005, 10: Wrote:

[right][snapback]108350[/snapback][/right]

Cool cool Rob....

Why do you say its a little big? I'm just wondering that is all.

When I was looking into boosting the car, I read on FJ a lot of people running 2.5 from the TB to the intercooler. The rest of my piping is 2" BTW.

You need to post here more often man, screw FJ :lol: ;)
[right][snapback]108421[/snapback][/right]

Isn't that thing 3"? 2" is all most of us need, up to maybe 250hp. 2.5" should be good to 300ish hp. 3" is just getting big, and increases lag.
Well I dont know what Deans is....but mine is def 2.5 from TB to FMIC. The 2.0 from Turbo to FMIC. 3" is used for the instake and Pro-M MAF.

I hit 10 PSI pretty quick...heavnt been to a dyno yet as Im still waiting for Tom to send down a raptor unit...
just to add for P-51

no its not a cai pipe

its full 3" polished stainless steel fully welded and made for my car so i have only 1 coupler in between from fmi to the up pipe to the tb

3" is the size of my tb and the size of the exit on my intercooler so instead of creating turbulence in the flow of air and with only one coupler the turbulence is minimal

This project is far from ghetto

All motor is the way to go.... :angry:
Run your car, not your mouth
SVT dean,May 12 2005, 11:14 AM Wrote:just to add for P-51

no its not a cai pipe

its full 3" polished stainless steel fully welded and made for my car so i have only 1 coupler in between from fmi to the up pipe to the tb

3" is the size of my tb and the size of the exit on my intercooler so instead of creating turbulence in the flow of air and with only one coupler the turbulence is minimal

This project is far from ghetto
[right][snapback]108488[/snapback][/right]

3" is too big for your application. The piping should not be that big.

It is however "BLINGY" so that's probably what you are looking for.
The procharger came with all 2.5 and most of the turbo setups I seen are 2.5 piping.
Deanw where are you located the MAF and what MAF did you get?

Also what fuel rail is that?
3'' piping is too big,you need some speed in the air especially in a 4 cylinder engine where the power pulsation is at 180 degrees. B)
Dean will learn from his mistakes.

He won't tell us when he makes a mistake.

Because we all get to laugh at him.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Isn't learning from your mistakes what life is all about????

It makes sence that a pipe too large would cause HP loss.
Somewhere in Texas, a village idiot has lost his exhaust pipe.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.